free website stats program FLTRI clutch hard | Harley Davidson Forums

FLTRI clutch hard

I just bought a 2000 FLTRI Road Glide. I'm not pleased with the clutch stiffness. I've rode bikes my whole life and never felt a clutch so hard to pull in. I've read of a "clutch ease" kit I can install. The site I was reading said everything about guys needing or going to install this kit. Not one of them mentioned if it helped. I'd like to hear from one of my fellow riders if the clutch ease kit worked or not. Why doesn't Harley make a hydraulic clutch kit yet?
Thanks for your help. Chris

Glider makes some good points...

Another thing to check is the cable. A poorly maintained cable (hasn't been oiled, etc), gets a LOT of friction that makes the pull tougher.

But you also asked about a hydraulic clutch kit. HD makes them to fit back to the 96 model? Not sure if I can post a link yet, but if not... go to their site, the Accessory's. There's a place where you can specify your bike year/model, and if you type in "hydraulic clutch", you can find it.
Hydraulic Clutch

Last edited:
The hydraulic unit really doesn't do all that much to soften the pull on the stock clutches IMO.

As Chopperdude replied,check the clutch cable.The cable should be checked for wear (fraid cable) and needs to be lubed.Another thing to check is the routing for exssesive bends.
I installed the HD easy clutch on my broinlaws '05 Road King Custom a while back ago.It did make the clutch action easier.Worth the $45 IMO.

Back