free website stats program FLTR Wind Deflectors installed | Harley Davidson Forums

FLTR Wind Deflectors installed

so cal hoss

The new FLTR wind deflectors arrived Saturday at a local Harley Dealership. These are equipped on the CVO Road Glide for 2011. Seems Harley put some thought into the design as they fit very well. Finding mounting hardware is almost impossible and my bike has the retrofit kit for the gas tank. What I did to make these fit my 2010 FLTRX: I bought (2) 1 1/2" X 5/16" chrome button head bolts with washers. We have a local salvage business that carries an extensive array of bolts, nuts and many military items. What I found were (2) 19mm hard nylon rollers that the upper deflector snapped tightly into. I cut these to 1/2" length and drilled a 5/16" hole in the center. Bolted the roller through the tank tab holes and snapped the deflector in place.
I went for a 3 hour ride to see if these work. If you run a taller windshield I think this would be a good investment. I placed my hand on each side of the tank at 80MPH which would normally cause my hand to lift but with the deflectors in place, the upward lift is almost completely eliminated.

Hey so cal.. can you post some pics of your mod? I also have the retrofit and looking to add these deflectors soon. Thanks!

Back