free website stats program Flsts | Harley Davidson Forums

Flsts

GTPC

Was riding my 97 Heritage Springer when I noticed no turn signals/ no brake light then no speedo? Head lights all work, rear light works just not the brake light. Bike starts and runs fine. Checked circuit breakers all seem fine. Was wondering if the turn signal module has gone? Would this also take out my speedo & LCD trip indictors?

Check the fuses. Check them with a VOM (Volt ohm meter). On my RK, when the acc. fuse blows I lose everything you describe. If it is blown check the front fender tip light wiring.

Does the speedo start working again? Or are they all out and stay that way?

Same thing is happening to my 94 fat boy, I have yet to find the accessory fuse or a circuit breaker, nothing under the seat, fixing to pull my gas tanks, and try to trace down the wires. Does anyone have a wire diagram for a 94 FLSTF. Ya's help would should be appreciated.:newsmile07:

Same thing is happening to my 94 fat boy, I have yet to find the accessory fuse or a circuit breaker, nothing under the seat, fixing to pull my gas tanks, and try to trace down the wires. Does anyone have a wire diagram for a 94 FLSTF. Ya's help would should be appreciated.:newsmile07:

I do... Let me see if I can scan it for you...

Was riding my 97 Heritage Springer when I noticed no turn signals/ no brake light then no speedo? Head lights all work, rear light works just not the brake light. Bike starts and runs fine. Checked circuit breakers all seem fine. Was wondering if the turn signal module has gone? Would this also take out my speedo & LCD trip indictors?

The million dollar question.
VSS also suspect with no speedo. Usually blinkers work but do not cancel with VSS.

Any electrical problems start at the source and rule out Bat/connections and charging sys:
Testing The Charging System,
Harley Davidson Forums (Testing The Charging System)

Then inspect plug connections-unplug/reseat-dielectric grease.

A electric diagnosis manual would be handy also before throwing parts at it.

Back