free website stats program FLSTC luggage rack mounting | Harley Davidson Forums

FLSTC luggage rack mounting

arkie

I have a new FLSTC. Seems the only thing it didn't come with that I need is a luggage rack.

1. any suggestion on WHICH (like a part #) rack would be simplest to add?

2. the back rest sissy bar is mounted to the grab rails by 2 screws on each side. The lowest screw on each side is down by the fender (facing in). How do you get to it to remove it in order to mount a rack?

thanks,
jeff

Hi Arkie. There are several to choose from. I went with the 2-up sport luggage rack. It is part number 53713-96. $149.95. You can get it cheaper at Zanotti.com . You are correct they mount with 2 torx head bolts on either side of the sissy-bar. Longer bolts for the added thickness of the rack come with the new racks. You will need to take the sissy-bar off the bike to get to the 4 bolts or you will scratch the fender. Take your saddlebags off and remove the large torx head bolts on each side of the fender that go through the chrome struts. Just the ones that hold the side plates. Half-hour job. Not as difficult as it may seem, just take your time. You can see pictures of all of the racks available on HarleyDavidson.com
Good Luck:D
dorr

Back