free website stats program flstc 2012 check spokes before riding | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

flstc 2012 check spokes before riding

Spokes have been used forever and they have always been an item to be checked regularly, so what gives? My 76 Superglide never gave any indication of spoke failure and I had three break in the back wheel. I never felt a difference in the bike. I had them replaced and a new tire and tube and the same spokes are still in that wheel and still on the road today. I like the look but I like the alloy wheels for simplicity of ownership.. Good luck with these "new" spoke designs.

When I had the 1000 miles check done on my Heritage Classic, I took it to an independent licensed Harley mechanic. After doing the check he recapped what he had done which included checking the torque of the spokes. He found several on each wheel and advised me that if the 1000 miles check had been done at the Harley dealership, they would not have checked the spokes as that was not part of their 1000 mile check. The only time my Harley goes to the dealership is for warranty work.

Back