free website stats program flstc 2012 check spokes before riding | Harley Davidson Forums

flstc 2012 check spokes before riding

fowler

I bought new 2012 heritage classic took too dealer 2time for rode walking &front end wobble told me its fixed? took it for ride still not fix! over half spoke almost feel out found on ride . called hd no help . my proble is new bike now do not trust spokes would you?

Re: flstc 2012 check spokes before rideing

I bought new 2012 heritage classic took too dealer 2time for rode walking &front end wobble told me its fixed? took it for ride still not fix! over half spoke almost feel out found on ride . called hd no help . my proble is new bike now do not trust spokes would you?

Welcome to The Forum, Find a new dealer and get customer support involved, this is your ride and do not take no for an answer:s

If the dealer didn't take care of it right away as a safety issue, you need to find another dealer that will do the right thing for you before you get seriously hurt or worse.

They will tell you its not a warrenty item because its a service item. We had the same thing on the wifes 2011 Heritage and when we told the dealer they are the ones that serviced it they paid to have it fixed. How many kms or miles on it and who has done the services?

They will tell you its not a warrenty item because its a service item. We had the same thing on the wifes 2011 Heritage and when we told the dealer they are the ones that serviced it they paid to have it fixed. How many kms or miles on it and who has done the services?

If the PDI was done on the bike it should not have happened

I see no reason to be afraid of spokes, I'd be afraid of the Service Department of the dealership you mentioned taking it to. You didn't mention how many miles you have on the bike, nor how many miles you put on the bike from your last service at the dealership and finding the spokes nearly falling out. Depending on your answer, and any potential damages, I'd be having a word with the manager, or owner, of that dealership, to include providing a complete write up to the MOCO.

If you're not sure of how to properly tighten the spokes, have someone who is before you ride it any further. Depending on how loose they were I'd be looking for potential subsequent damages as well. Good Luck & Be Safe!!!

I'm all for changing dealers AFTER documenting everything from mile 1 and any services/inspections since taking delivery. If there is a service issue or just plain poor PDI practice you will at least have some ammunition for a claim...

You are right on Jack, thats the point I had to make with the dealer before they went good on fixing ours

I'm all for changing dealers AFTER documenting everything from mile 1 and any services/inspections since taking delivery. If there is a service issue or just plain poor PDI practice you will at least have some ammunition for a claim...

Funny about the PDI, like car dealers the MOCO gets billed back for this u think some one would be on the ball, When I bought my 92 and 97 bikes new my salesman had me go over the bikes with a flash light and called the tech out to talk to me about the PDI list:s

one month old , first time in shop 100miles, sec.time 300miles, third time 500miles spokes falling out?

Back