Florida Storm Check In

Discussion in 'South East' started by Jack Klarich, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Hoping ALL the Florida members have weathered The Storm OK

2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Most definitely - I bet the coastline(s) are shrinking down there w/all the water...!!!

Also, keep our CO wildfire members in check too...:O

3. JTs Dad

JTs Dad Member

Stayed dry enough considering...

4. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

The Tampa area and the northern part of the state including Jacksonville were hit a lot harder than we here in Suwannee. We got 10-12" of rain and no coastal flooding, although areas N & S of us did have a storm surge. We are drying out here and I hope all my Fl friends are starting to see the sunshine again. Any of you in and around Live Oak, Lake City, if you need any help I have a truck and trailer and will be glad to come your way.

5. jimharvey1

jimharvey1 Junior Member

LOTS of water fell around here. There are quite a few roads washed out and sinkholes that have formed. A lot of the bridges/roads that washed out are on the back roads that I ride a lot. I-10 west and east was closed due to water over the highway. Luckily, my house is up on a knoll and we stayed high and dry through the whole thing.

6. 173ABN

173ABN Active Member

Naples only 2" rain just wind and beach damage. 85 sea turtle nest before deby now only 4 nests

7. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Hasn't stopped me from riding every day. A little wet and wind blown but nothing crazy. At least not what we are used too...............

8. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Glad you guys are ok.
    Don thanks for posting here.On the news it sure looked like your area was hardest hit.

9. doctor727

doctor727 Active Member

All's well in Kissimmee. Had around 5inches of rain overall. Could have been much worse. Sunny and dry today, Harley is runnin' good.

10. garystrat

garystrat Banned

welcome home 173abn my bro