free website stats program Florida Riders *** FYI Legislative Alert*** | Harley Davidson Forums

Florida Riders *** FYI Legislative Alert***

Vibratinharley

The Florida Senate Transportation Committee Unanimously passed Senate Bill SB 802 out of committee. This bill is targeted at the sport bike community but will inadvertantly affect all of us. The bill basically says that if you are speeding excessively or riding on less than two wheels, You can loose your drivers license for up to 10 years. (yep, Ten years) and Forfeit your motorcycle.
It seems like this bill has a good chance of becoming law:bigsmiley29:

no offense but if you are riding your motorcycle on one wheel on a public road and you get caught then you deserve what you get, the other bit depends on what is classed as excessive and would road and weather conditions be included as 80 in dry condtions in my opinion is not excessive but the same speed in the rain and reduced visability would be.

I agree.

Actions of other bikers can make us all look bad. I think new bill for Florida to watch is HB 137 with the same defining factors. I don't think my bike will stand up on one wheel . ( well, I don't want to try anyway):D

It's crazy. How much control you don't have when on one wheel. I can understand closed circuit course or something like that but I have seen them pass me on the turnpike going real fast on back wheel. :bigsmiley29:

NO, I am not envious cause my 840 lb bike won't do that:shock

your bike will punch HD wheelies into youtube :) not that i would reccommend it

:DI checked it out and big HD wheelie showed up along with lots of others. ( More than I expected to see) But your right, I don't want to do that.
I had that happen once on my 1200 Sportster with a passenger. I ran 1st gear out real hard and hit second and front wheel came up . I was shocked and it was unexpected. I love to go fast at times but for now I just putt along on my geezer glide (with both wheels on ground) enjoying the scenery. LIFE is GOOD!!!:bigsmiley8:

I SW Va. we have recently had 2 idiots on crotch rockets that were speeding in excess of 150 mph, including one moron who went through an active school zone.......at 100+mph, let one of these idots hurt some one and we be hearing a call for limited HP or speed limiting devices on bikes.....and with all the "new" FI technology that wouldn't be difficult to do.
They should jack up the jail and throw them under it for about 10 years....along with crushing there toys....

Personally I think we have enough laws, just poor enforcement on the one's we have and limp wristed liberal judges that fear the political correctiveness boat so much they would not impose a stiff penalty anyway. Fear of punishment, that's the key to people obeying the laws, loose that and we only get more laws. :p

Welcome to florida i have lived here for two years now and cant seem to believe how the senate here has so much time to dispute stupid idiotic bills/laws like this when the state is ranked 5th worst in the nation for unemployment.

its just like the seatbelt law has anyone ever thought why we can ride motorcycles in some states with no helmets, but yet we have to wear a belt when we are in a cage thats equpied with saftey devisces like air bags. now i dont know about you but i have been in a pretty good wreck twice over 50 mph on my scoot. i'm still here to talk about it uhm if i can do that then should that make me exempt from having to wear a seatbelt in a car?

next thing about florida here on the gulf coat we had an accident involving a motorcycle recently where the crotch rocket hit a chevy suburban and flipped the vehice on its side which then caught fire of course killing the biker and the driver of the SUV. then soon there after we have this new law, but no matter how fast the biker was going the subrban pulled out in front of him making him impact the side of the car. and where it hapend is a 1/4 mile down the road from where i work and i will tell you its a busy area for traffic and on top of it people in this state pull out in front of you no matter what you're drivng like my bike or chevy pickup.
so do we execute people who kill bikers?
because if your going to penalize bikers that drastically for speeding then whats good for the goose is good for the gander i think!!
I FEEL THE NEED. THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rr

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I am all for it. They need to take them out back when they catch them and use them or alligator bate. Hummm seems like I have a few 14 footers around there somewhere. They get pretty hungry at times....

Back