free website stats program Florida Ride | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Florida Ride

The Clermont area has some good riding also. Never been to the Clermont HD but I used to live in Sorrento and am familiar with the area a bit. I may have to check out Gator Joe's on my way into town, always looking for a good place to eat. I will keep an eye on this thread to see if you still want to meet up in August also.
Russell

The Clermont area has some good riding also. Never been to the Clermont HD but I used to live in Sorrento and am familiar with the area a bit. I may have to check out Gator Joe's on my way into town, always looking for a good place to eat. I will keep an eye on this thread to see if you still want to meet up in August also.
Russell

Yes I will meet you for sure in August.

However as far as stopping there on your way down, I would think you are coming down I-95, but if you don't mind going out of your way you could just jump over on 40 and go thru the forest to Gator Joe's (quite a bit out of your way to Sanford-Orlando though). Heck if you want to go to Gator Joe's I'm game for meeting you at Clermont Harley (on the 5th or 6th and just ride up to Ocala for lunch if you want. I'll prolly be bringing my wife. If it's still real dense rain season we can just head back after lunch.

We can head up 27 from Clermont just a short run and get right on Ronald Reagan Parkway. On the way back I will split off and head south and you can keep going back into Orlando-Sanford area on Ronald Reagan. Whichever you wanna do all the same to me. Anybody else free for the 6th feel free to meet us there also, BUT KEEP IN MIND that is not the main Florida Ride that is still on for Oct 9th.

Anyhow just let me known RG/spster since next free span of time I get I'm gonna pull my tank and do some new wiring on my bike and I tend to do other things once I get it all apart (like pull my master cylinder off and sand the flaking black off and polish the bare metal etc etc). Later RWB (Dave)

Sounds good to me, I have heard all positive on the Oct 9th date. So unless someone comes on later and posts up a good reason to change, we are just gonna go for now with Sunday October 9th, 10am at Ocala Harley. The best exit off I-75 is number 358 (coming from south or north) since you miss downtown and you just head west on CR326 till you get to 441 and then just a mile or so south you will see Ocala Harley on the East side of 441. Very nice dealership, big parking lot (with lots of empty parking areas), lots of bikes on display under tents. You guys coming from Jacksonville or Daytona I guess you could take 40 over from I-95 till you see CR326 and turn northwest on it.

Dr. DoLitte I can roll in there at 10am but it's nearly impossible to get my wife out of the house and on the road any earlier than that. She just doesn't move real fast in the morning. If everyone gets there around 10am there will be time for some socializing even before we leave out. But you just tells us what time you guys have to hit the road south and we can all plan to pull over somewhere and say our farewells to you (if you can't make it to lunch). Will be great if you guys can make it there.

Even if we don't have the time to ride much it'd be nice to stop and meet everyone. Is the dealership open at that hour on a Sunday? Also, I looked at Mapquest and I'm pretty sure you need to go east on CR326 to get to 441, not west.

Even if we don't have the time to ride much it'd be nice to stop and meet everyone. Is the dealership open at that hour on a Sunday? Also, I looked at Mapquest and I'm pretty sure you need to go east on CR326 to get to 441, not west.

I will see if the Dealership has a closed gate on Sundays, and yes I goofed on the west, (if you're coming from the north (heading south) then you would exit west) but then turn and go EAST. I would guess a couple of miles or more till you see 441 on the sign, then turn south and go about a mile or so, it ain't far.

Dr. would you please edit my post on that so we don't have any further confusion on that. Thanks for that catch. I get kinda lost in my words sometimes.

Folks Dr. will fix my goof on the CR326 direction but just to clarify it's go EAST on 326 to 441 then south.

Here is the map showing the exit at I-75 (north is straight up)

1550887-T800600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
R W B;
Unfortantly I will be out at ft irwin Cali. for some training with the army. Other wise I would love to meet some of the other florida crew memebers. Got to love the timing of the army lol. But I will say that this upcoming biketober fest I wouldnt mind meeting up with some of you here in daytona!!!
Just a thought. Again thanks for the invite.
Jay

According to the dealership website they open at 10:00 on Sunday mornings.

Yes the dealer replied email and said they are open at 10am on Sundays and would be glad for us to meet there in the parking lot. As a matter of fact Dr. I remember now it was last Sunday that I was there. I rolled in there about 8min's to 10 and I did not see any evidence of any kind of locking gate or barricades. Here is the dealership entry.

1551891-T800600.jpg

And the dealership approaching from north.

1551892-T800600.jpg

R W B;
Unfortantly I will be out at ft irwin Cali. for some training with the army. Other wise I would love to meet some of the other florida crew memebers. Got to love the timing of the army lol. But I will say that this upcoming biketober fest I wouldnt mind meeting up with some of you here in daytona!!!
Just a thought. Again thanks for the invite.
Jay

millsfl I plan to try and make October fest the next week also, but I believe 09RG/92spster and I are going to also meet on Aug 5th or 6th for a trip up to Gator Joe's for lunch if you want to meet us there also. Also Trike Lady (may be relocated by Oct) do you want to ride with 09RG/92spster and me up to Gator's on the 5th or 6th?

(folks keep in mind this is just another meet up for folks that cannot make the main ride in Oct which is still on for Oct 9th)

I will take a Rain Check I will be in Sturgis, but when I get back I am up for a ride any time:s

I will take a Rain Check I will be in Sturgis, but when I get back I am up for a ride any time:s

Hey guy glad you're back on and out of Camera school. However Sturgis does not occur during the main Oct ride.

We have the main Oct 9th ride that more folks say they can make, and we also have the August 5th or 6th ride yet to be nailed down that I am willing to ride on with the people who can not make the Oct 9th main ride. On that one we are meeting in Clermont and riding where ever they decide they want to ride.

I was afraid that would complicate the thread once it got elongated. But just to keep in context. We have the main Ocala ride scheduled for Sunday Oct 9th (a week before BiketoberFest). This is where Dr. Dolittle and a few others are going to try and meet us for a bit also. Then we ride thru the forest and eat at Gator Joe's. (many of us, like me also plan to be at BiketoberFest the following week also)

So we have two Florida Rides here, the main one on Oct 9th and another possible one on Aug 5th or 6th for folks that can't make the main ride.

Hey guy glad you're back on and out of Camera school. However Sturgis does not occur during the main Oct ride.

We have the main Oct 9th ride that more folks say they can make, and we also have the August 5th or 6th ride yet to be nailed down that I am willing to ride on with the people who can not make the Oct 9th main ride. On that one we are meeting in Clermont and riding where ever they decide they want to ride.

I was afraid that would complicate the thread once it got elongated. But just to keep in context. We have the main Ocala ride scheduled for Sunday Oct 9th (a week before BiketoberFest). This is where Dr. Dolittle and a few others are going to try and meet us for a bit also. Then we ride thru the forest and eat at Gator Joe's. (many of us, like me also plan to be at BiketoberFest the following week also)

So we have two Florida Rides here, the main one on Oct 9th and another possible one on Aug 5th or 6th for folks that can't make the main ride.

I can do this one:s

Back