free website stats program florida help | Harley Davidson Forums

florida help

rydahog

anyone from florida riverview area who can help me with tfi install??
email or drop me a line here. thanks ryd...:D

There's several threads on the tfi install on this forum. Search under "TFI install" or look through the self help forum. I just ordered a TFI for an '07 FLHT this morning, and read the instructions, what problem are you having?

i haven't ordered it as of yet, i want to see if there is someone near me that may be of help to me with this install..I guess you can say, yes i am NOT sure i can do this alone and maybe could use some assistance..but if no one nearby i will attempt this alone..as i see from the posts here and also the installation instructions it does seem pretty straight forward..
my other question is what benefits will i or can i expect? performance? mileage? thanks tons guys n goils for your help and quick replies...later,,,ryd..:D

Hey Ryda, I'm right down the street in Brandon but don't have any exp with a TFI. Smart folks here so they should be able to get you thru it, if not, I would reccommend the guys over at The Ride Factory in Ybor. Have had good exp with them and they are very reasonable when it comes to pricing. Good luck, see you on 301:D

thanks hammerhead, will check into my owners manual for locations of all the sensors, and also the tilting of the gas tank for access to injectors..maybe we will hook up for a ride someday..later..ryd :newsmile093:

thanks hammerhead, will check into my owners manual for locations of all the sensors, and also the tilting of the gas tank for access to injectors..maybe we will hook up for a ride someday..later..ryd :newsmile093:

DON'T FORGET after you order unit , the instruction: FOLLOW THEM....

SUGGESTED SETTINGS to start with : FOLLOW THEM

REMEMBER,
THE TFI TECH IS WILLING TO BE WITH YOU AT THE TIME YOU INSTALL..... THEY ARE ONLY A PHONE CALL AWAY AND WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY OR WILL HAVE...

I set mine up on my 09 FLHR and it worked best AT THEIR SUGGESTED SETTINGS....... MOST people try to OUT THINK the professional who suggested the BEST settings and MOST people will OPEN UP the settings THINKING more is BETTER but believe me suggested settings are CLOSEST and are the ones that worked best for me....

I took front and rear bolts holding gas tank on bike and was careful removing the gas line PER INSTRUCTIONS found on HD Talking site....
sliding the tank BACK and up 6" and tipping up rear and front worked easily.... no dents or scratches when finished!

WHAT A DIFFERENCE....... THE KIND YOU FEEL IN THE SEAT OF YOUR PANTS!

EASY ENOUGH!

signed....BUBBIE

I would agree with others. The TFI is very easy to install. Follow the instructions. I hate to admit it but actually my Wife installed mine. I had just suffered a heart attack and she would not let me do a thing. My daughter did the wrenching to get the gas tank out of the way and the wife took it from there. I have to say she did good as when I was able to ride it was like a diffrent bike. Well that and maybe I was happy to be able to ride again as some of you might remember. Anyhow good luck and we are here for help if need be.

I'm up near Daytona, so a bit of a long ride. I put a TFI on my bike and never had experice with fuelers before (all I knew were jets in carbs). Let me tell you, this TFI install is easier than rejetting.

If you can change mufflers or install a new intake, you can easily do the TFI. Just take your time.

Also, the TFI customer service is outstanding. They will help you out over the phone.

PM me if you need more detail, but alot of info on the site of folks install.

Have fun and ride safe!

Now Shaps that would have been fun to watch

It was hard for me to watch and everytime I got up and started over to the bike she told me to sit down. Once complete they both let me (clearing throat) well lets just say supervise. That little gal may be small but her bite hurts.LOL

Back