free website stats program Florida and Fuel??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Florida and Fuel???

revok1200

Okay,

Lets hear from those of you who live in Florida or who travel frequently to Florida.

I am from NC and have been travelling to FL frequently over the last 5 months.

When I am home in NC my bike (06' RG) runs great and has no issues with idle or stall.

When I come back to FL and refill the tank with FL gas the bike has an issue with stall upon initial start up, then runs fine the rest of the day. When I get back to NC and fill with NC fuel no issues at all.

Anyone got any ideas on cause (ethonol?) NC has the same signs on their pumps as well, does anyone have any ideas and if so do you live with it temporarily or know of an additive that can be used?

Just curious

I have never experienced this and as far as I know none of my riding buddies have either.

revok1200,

No problem here. I use high test and add a couple onces of Seafoam about every 3rd fillup.

A mechanic buddy of mine did say he has replaced more carbs in the last year than ever before. He attributes it to ethanol.

I ride all over the Southeast and haven't experienced anything like this. Only thing that remotely comes to mind is the amount of octane or maybe ethanol between the different areas.

No problems with Fla. fuel for me. Burn it up as much as I can...........

Never had any problems either. Maybe you picked up a little water at a stop. I won't buy gas anywhere when the tanker is adding gas to the tanks just in case of picking up some junk.

Must have been a bad batch of gas, aint had no problem in 15 years here in Florida

Back