free website stats program Floorboard | Harley Davidson Forums

Floorboard

krix720

Hello

I would like to know if anyone makes floorboard brackets to extend the floorboards outward, rather then the extension kits.

I don't like the extension kit becoming another weak point in the whole floor board system. There are times I have stood on my boards supporting all my weight (not much, but 190 Lb's), and would rather have a "one piece" bracket.

Krix

Hello

I would like to know if anyone makes floorboard brackets to extend the floorboards outward, rather then the extension kits.

I don't like the extension kit becoming another weak point in the whole floor board system. There are times I have stood on my boards supporting all my weight (not much, but 190 Lb's), and would rather have a "one piece" bracket.

Krix

Welcome to The Forum Küryakyn
check here:s

I put the 3/4" extensions on my 05RG and I have put my weight on both floorboards (165lb) with no problems.

Another happy "Harley Goodies" customer...185lbs & haven't failed me yet (sitting, or standing).

I too have the ones from Harley Goodies and at 210 I seem to be the heaviest to write in yet with the same result. They use grade 8 fasteners which have a shear strength way in excess of any possible load you could ever put on them, a little blue loc-tite, torque them, and forget about them.

Boy....Im just asking here////Why stand on the boards??.Thay dont seam to like that very much but Im 200 pounds.....Do you guys mount up like a bull rider:s.

I do. I have a 05 trike and I stand on the left floorboard and throw my right leg over the bike. I weigh 260.

I have the Harley Goodies ones as well. I'm 220, and I've stood on my floorboards (because I can, that's why :p). They are pretty rock solid.

Back