free website stats program Floorboard Re-location help needed! | Harley Davidson Forums

Floorboard Re-location help needed!

bobalu

Does anyone know if there is some kind of modification kit to lower floorboards?

I've searched everywhere and found all the "move out an inch" and "move forward an inch" kits. I have the spacers installed to move them out (a big improvement btw), but my legs are so cramped I really need to have them lowered. I will gladly sacrifice lean angle and scrape some board in a corner for the trade off of leg comfort.

This is bothering me so much now that if there's no fix I'm gonna' have to trade/sell this bike off (2010 RKC) for something that fits better. Don't want the tall boy seat solution as I just upgraded the windshield to a taller one, and that would put me be back to square 1 with wind buffeting. I'm only 6'1" btw, but I guess I got long legs!

There is adjustability under the stock boards to move them.

I wouldn't suggest lowering them any more than what is possible with the adjustment as it comes from the factory. They will bottom out in turns if you do rather bad.

There is adjustability under the stock boards to move them.

I wouldn't suggest lowering them any more than what is possible with the adjustment as it comes from the factory. They will bottom out in turns if you do rather bad.

???? Really? I think there is for the passenger floorboards, but I didn't know there was any factory adjustability for the rider ones. O.k., I'll check that out for sure.

Like Glider stated ;you don't want to go much lower or you might find yourself further down then what you were looking for and in a whole bunch of pain.

On my bike there are a number positions that the front support can be set to, and the rear of the board has at least a couple. Not user friendly to get to, and may be easier if the bike is up on a lift as long as the lift cross member does not block getting to the Allen head 1/2" bolts in the front supports (from inside the frame!!).

Lower it all the way and see how that does for you.

TQ

Well, I just had a thorough look at my floorboard mounts and see no adjustment provision of any kind whatsoever in either the boards, the mounting bracket, or the mount to the frame. I see no additional mount holes, and nothing on the bracket either. What am I missing? (even put my reading glasses on! :))

Is this something the dealership would have to do? Again, its a 2010 Road King Classic (if that matters).

Unless things have changed, you should be able to lower or angle the boards to I believe 3 positions in front and possibly 2 in the rear of the board. You can do it yourself but the adjustment isn't obvious unless you look closely.

Try holding your mouth crooked and clapping your feet as you look for the adjustment. It helps :s

Look at #4 in this picture which is the adjustment. It's for an 07 but should be the same on an 09 too.

Floorboard.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm. As Glider said above, unless things are different on the newer bikes, there should be some adjustments possible. Below are what my mounting options look like.

TQ

Attachments

• DSCN0987.jpg
    DSCN0987.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCN0990.jpg
    DSCN0990.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCN0991.jpg
    DSCN0991.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 246
  • DSCN0994.jpg
    DSCN0994.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN0986.jpg
    DSCN0986.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 61
Glider/TQ, thanks so much for posting those pictures and schematics. I'm just going to remove the one floorboard and see whats there for adjustment.

TQ, I'm not seein' that stuff on my frame from a first look, but I'm grateful that you took those photo's and posted them so I know what to look for. I'm wondering if the new frame on the touring models may not have this adjustment feature on it any longer(?).

I'll post back what I find. FWIW, the dealership said there is no rider adjustment and suggested the tall boy seat (go figure!). But that was just the service counter guy, not a mechanic or tech.

Do you have highway pegs on there??? If not, have you considered putting them on??? My feet are on mine 90% of the time. Only on the floorboards in town, and thats not too often. Don't know if your bike has them stock, or if you're able to add them on. I've got a Heritage so its a totally different animal, but I couldn't be without my highway pegs. Allows my legs to be straight out. I put the Kuryakyn heel rests on there too. Very comfy. :D

Back