free website stats program Floorboard Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Floorboard Help

Curveball

Banned
RKC is the 1st bike I've had with floorboards. It seems, when I put a foot down, my boot heel is hanging up on the back of the (stock) floorboard.
Anybody have this prob, or know a more contoured floorboard.

well 1st id try different shoes. it may be your boot heal shape not floorboards. i have never had this happen. try the free stuff shoe changing 1st. there is an assortment of boards out there. there may be burs on boards....

Curveball; floorboards definitely take some getting used to, but sure are comfy when you do. Not knowing how tall you are, or shoe size, maybe you need to make sure you're placing your foot properly on the board. Having your heel on the back is similar to riding w/pegs. If your foot's not sitting flat-center on the board then maybe your legs are long & you need to move the boards forward (Kuryakyn makes 1" out & 1" fwd adapter), or the bike's too tall & a lower seat/seat mod could also be in order.

Like others advise - try the shoe option 1st & go from there. Cheers!

Those heel guards look dangerous to me. Seems one could catch one's heel on it while stopping and putting foot down. Curveball, my best advise would be to get used to putting your foot anywhere on the board except having your heel back far enough on the board to hang off the edge of the board, thus making it possible to catch you heel..

Those heel guards look dangerous to me. Seems one could catch one's heel on it while stopping and putting foot down. Curveball, my best advise would be to get used to putting your foot anywhere on the board except having your heel back far enough on the board to hang off the edge of the board, thus making it possible to catch you heel..

I guess I didn't get my point across....My boot heel catches when I go to put my foot down. I'm looking for a floorboard with a different profile.

You might want to take a look at the halfmoon floorboards from Harley Davidson

My old bike was a Goldwing with foot pegs. I got my pant cuff hung up on the peg one day when coming to a stop light. The bike fell over. Made me feel like an idiot. That can never happen with my Harley.

Back