free website stats program Floorboard Extensions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Floorboard Extensions

OK I checked out the link and realized I was barking up the wrong tree. These are not new, larger floorboards. These are kits that allow you to reposition your existing boards. Is that what all these kits we're talking about do?

Yes, they extend the boards outwards from the bike by 3/4". There's also 1' kits available too.

Yes, they extend the boards outwards from the bike by 3/4". There's also 1' kits available too.

I am looking to mount floorboards (or footpegs) with something like this for my Sporty, but I also need the right or the left adjustable front or back because the stock right & left footpeg frame bosses are welded to the frame offset (like an old dirt tracker). This is due to the brake pedal/bracket assembly set back, moving right peg forward about 2-3"; verses the left bracket assembly which mounts the peg directly inline with the frame boss.

I just want to have the standard foot position have a peg or floor board to make the bike easier to handle on rough, tight roads (I use the passenger pegs for this when I ride solo; but if I am riding two-up there is no place to put my weight down to lower bikes' center of gravity for handling.:coffee

The floorboard extensions IMHO really add a lot more comfort than their 1 inch size would seem to indicate. Besides moving your foot away from the bike it also lets you move your foot forward along the shifter peg and brake pedal to adjust your riding stance. Mine are from HDGoodies and I like them a lot.

I have this kit (the 1") installed on my bike and it made a huge difference in terms of comfort. As mentioned above, it really moves your foot out from the motor and offers many different foot positions. It was an easy install and a quality product.

I thought about the board extensions being the stage 1 pushes the air cleaner out a bit and makes it a bit uncomfortable with your leg around the air cleaner, but another thing to consider is the ground clearance in turns. I'm not an aggressive rider but scraped the stock setup on a few turns so the extensions would have me scraping on a lot more. Just a FYI.

I also installed extensions by Harleygoodies...They were easy to install and work great! Wow, they do make a difference....I personally would suggest them to all!

Does anyone have floor board extensions on their tourer? I always find the placement of my feet is half on the board and half off because of how close the boards are to the frame. Obviously with extensions you'll scrap more but if anyone has them I wanted to get some opinions on whether you'd buy them again or not. They are cheap about $40 bucks (8 beers) so either way can't be too bad of an investment.

$5 for a beer!!............my beer costs me .77 a bottle..........MGD............:s

Back