free website stats program Floorboard Extensions | Harley Davidson Forums

Floorboard Extensions

Sadist112

Does anyone have floor board extensions on their tourer? I always find the placement of my feet is half on the board and half off because of how close the boards are to the frame. Obviously with extensions you'll scrap more but if anyone has them I wanted to get some opinions on whether you'd buy them again or not. They are cheap about $40 bucks (8 beers) so either way can't be too bad of an investment.

Ok I answered my own question. Here is the set I am getting if anyone is interested:

eBay Motors: NEW HARLEY FLOORBOARD EXTENSION EXTENDER FL FLH TOURING (item 300258550376 end time Sep-21-08 03:30:00 PDT)

It is from Harleygoodies (ebay screen name)

However, they are currently designing ones for the '09 touring models see email below:

"I am currently designing the 09 kits and expect to ship within the next 4 weeks. If you would like to be notified please respond with your phone number and the e-mail to contact you at. Thanks. Tom"

If you're interested, send an ebay email to the Harleygoodies guy and he'll send you an email once available.

Seems like a good enough company but you never know with Ebay. They call it a ".875 inch kit" - is it that much wider or longer or both? I'd be interested in the exact dimensions.

Bottom line is I've got small to average size feet so I don't feel the need for this but if I was you, I wouldn't hesitate to try it.

Good luck!

Seems like a good enough company but you never know with Ebay. They call it a ".875 inch kit" - is it that much wider or longer or both? I'd be interested in the exact dimensions.

Bottom line is I've got small to average size feet so I don't feel the need for this but if I was you, I wouldn't hesitate to try it.

Good luck!

Yeah I found a 4 page thread on hdforums.com and everyone raved about the quality of this guy and comfort of just adding approx 3/4" extension. I'll let you know in a month.

Yeah I found a 4 page thread on hdforums.com and everyone raved about the quality of this guy and comfort of just adding approx 3/4" extension. I'll let you know in a month.

Please do - I'm ALWAYS looking for more things to throw money at that are Harley related! :D

I bought this kit and man what a difference it made in comfort. No more leg stress and burnt boots. Put them on and have made two trips over 3500 miles. Great product!!!

I bought this kit and man what a difference it made in comfort. No more leg stress and burnt boots. Put them on and have made two trips over 3500 miles. Great product!!!

Did you keep your old boards to give us a comparison? How much longer and/or wider are we talking about here? How was the installation?

On a side note, someone posted here awhile back about shifter extensions that give you more room, too.

Back