free website stats program Floor Boards | Harley Davidson Forums

Floor Boards

Have not. I would think you will find problems with scraping the floorboards when carving the turns...JMO

I would bet that the floor boards that you will find to work if possible are going to be some type of mini boards. More and likely as Gator has stated problems in cornering will happen...

Here's some on Dynas

1st a larger size,

Max picture size on the forum is 800X600. Please repost the first picture.

Then a medium size,

1347777.jpg

Then a comparison to peg stirrups combo. (angle adjustment is the key on stirrups or floorboards to keep them from being to low) Kuryaykn mounts are adjustable.

1347778.jpg

Then a smaller yet version,

1347779.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never been a fan of floor boards. Feels weird to me. Kinda like riding a scooter. I would like to try the stirrups.

Never been a fan of floor boards. Feels weird to me. Kinda like riding a scooter. I would like to try the stirrups.

I never liked them either since I've never had a bagger. But now (someday) I want touring bagger and I want floorboards with it to.

I will say this on stirrups. I love them. I started riding again last Sept for first time in years. I have forward controls and my feet kept feeling like they wanted to slide off the pegs. I bought Kury stirrups and I ride soooo much more comfortable. The angle on them is adjustable.

I will also say this for anyone wanting to put floorboards or stirrups on your Dyna. The brake side Clevis mount on my HD forwards has about a 1/8 turn rotation to it. It's not a direct mount like the gear side. It's friction tight so with pegs only it doesn't rotate. But when I put my stirrups on about a week later I put some pressure on the stirrup coming out of a gas station and I felt it sink and rotate down some. I wondered what the heck, but when I got home and investigated that's just the way they are.

Make sure you take a long adjustable wrench and rotate the clevis counter clockwise until it bottoms out BEFORE you adjust your stirrup or floorboard angle.

Back