free website stats program floor boards | Harley Davidson Forums

floor boards

My floor boards DONOT sit square with the floor board mounts.Hence, I put any amount of weight on them and the angle I want moves.I don't believe I can tighten them down enough without bending something.What do you do/use to keep yours in place? Thank you for any input. BP

My floor boards DONOT sit square with the floor board mounts.Hence, I put any amount of weight on them and the angle I want moves.I don't believe I can tighten them down enough without bending something.What do you do/use to keep yours in place? Thank you for any input. BP

I don't understand the "not sit square with the mounts" part. No matter. I had a tip over that moved my floor board. My '07 has large allen bolts that hold the footboard mounts to the frame. After getting them back in position,I cranked them down with a piece of pipe slipped over the allen wrench. They're pretty sturdy. I can put 230' on one board. I don't know if the '10 mounts are different.

banjo picker; elaborate a bit on the situation - maybe post pics so we can see what you're describing. Are you pointing to the floorboard pivots, or frame mounts?

There is approx. 1/4" space between the frame mount and the pivot mount on the floor board where you run the bolt through to fasten it.Hope that makes since.

Ok, I think I understand now. Your floorboard "tin" does not sit flat on the square bracket, right? Loosen the bolts I mentioned in my first post and wiggle the bracket around to make it align. You will probably have to loosen both brackets to get everything straight. Compare with the opposite side before tightening up, you don't want two different height foot boards.

Back