free website stats program Floor Board Idea for Fat Bob | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Floor Board Idea for Fat Bob

Thanks Jack, I ordered it last week, its still on backorder. But I wanted to make sure the forum was aware of the kit.

Thanks Jack, I ordered it last week, its still on backorder. But I wanted to make sure the forum was aware of the kit.

:s There are kits out there from police models still available, I put the number in the Members tips some where:s

Every kit that I have come across will not fit the 2012-2013 FXDWG if it has the stock Tommy Gun / (FAT BOY) Exhaust. The problem exist with the "mid" mounting bracket not being able to clear the exhaust once mounted to the frame. I'm sure someone with the know how could rig/fab something up. Or you could replace the stock exhaust. Maybe i'm cheap but floorboards aren't work the money. I like my stock pipes with the rush slip ons for a little Harley rumble. Here is an ebay posting. Can't find the Harley Kit posted above. "Ebay Police Style Floor Board Kit"

I got my kit from HD 2 weeks ago and love them. They fit my 07 Wideglide perfect but it is correct that they will not fit the newer style Wideglide or Fatbob due to the exhaust.

I got my kit from HD 2 weeks ago and love them. They fit my 07 Wideglide perfect but it is correct that they will not fit the newer style Wideglide or Fatbob due to the exhaust.

Grinding the rear right side bracket is no big deal. I had to do it when I had the V&H Staggereds on. Took off about .375" to clear the pipes which is about the same when using the OEM pipes.
Bob

HYPR: were you using the HD floorboard kit(part # 50500247) ? And to clear it up for me, did you grind the right rear mounting bracket or the right rear inside of the floorboard itself? Can you post some pics of your modification?

Back