Floor board extensions

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by jimmydsmith7, Jul 30, 2011.

1. jimmydsmith7

jimmydsmith7 Member

Just installed my floor board extensions this afternoon. Went riding with several friends this morning from 8am until 4pm. Got home and my extensions were here. Decided to install them. MAN, I love the new feel of the floor boards! You would not think that moving them out just 7/8 of an inch would make a difference but they do. Hopped right on after install and wished that I would have had them on the ride today.

2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Funny how one little change can make a whole world of difference. Added mine to make more clearance after adding big breather.

Wish I would've thought of manufacturing these products - I'd be rolling in the dough...:newsmile093: :newsmile093:

3. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I've got a set on both my bikes 05FLTRI and 94FLSTC. I won't own a bike without putting them on.

4. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

I love it, you guys are always coming up with new ways to spend my :newsmile093:

Guess I will have to give these a try as well :)

5. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Always glad to help!!:newsmile093::newsmile093:

6. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Do you notice the foot boards hitting the pavement a lot sooner with extentions?

7. skydude426

skydude426 Member

I have the floorboard extensions on my 06 Ultra Classic and wouldn't go without them. I haven't scraped them on a corner yet. I also put extensions on the passenger boards and my wife loves them.
    [​IMG]

8. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Junior Member

Yes
    Keeps me honest, and maybe safer.

9. HD Texan

HD Texan Member

Which extensions are we talking abot here, the ones that put the floor boards forward or outward?

10. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Outward.