free website stats program Floor board extenders | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Floor board extenders

Update. I ordered a set from HarleyGoodies on Friday afternoon, I got them today. Amazingly fast shipping (and it was free!).
Installed them in about an hour with a few brakes to take a couple work phone calls. It's pouring outside now, so will test them out on the road later. But sitting on the bike in the garage, my right side leg doesn't hit my air cleaner cover (stock cover but with Ness Big Sucker 1). Left leg feels fine and the shifter pegs still close enough for a comfortable shifting position.

Overall, so far so good.

I have the Kuryakyn extenders on mine also. Make it more comfortable. If you lean alot they do drag the boards more often. If your a highway guy not a problem.

OK - put my extenders on this weekend and took it for a ride.
First - Installation was very easy. I actually thought the side with the Jiffy stand was easier than the brake side. The back bolt on the brake side was more time consuming that any other bolt.
Then, the big test - took it for a ride. Well, I can say that it definitely is a more comfortable ride. Your feet feel like they are in a more natural position for riding. The bike handled well and I did not hit the floor boards in my turns (I took them fairly sharp but not too much :s).

All in all, a very good buy for me. I think if I came out a bit farther it would have been perfect for the ride, but these do the trick and it looks subtle on the bike as well. Very happy with the extenders and happy with the ease that they went on.

I like the idea of being able to keep more body away from the engine and let more cooler air go by, thanks.

For all of you that would like to extend your floorboards outward 1"..."You don't need no stinkin machinist" to accomplish this. There are 3 long screws on each side of the bike that hold the floorboards on. Remove them and take them down to a hardware store like Fastenals and tell them you want the same thing, only 1" longer. Next, on the way home, swing by Lowes and get some shiny new 1" long spacers which slip over your new screws.
Total cost: Less than $15.00. Degree of difficulty is a 1 on a scale of 10. Anybody can do this one. Or, you can support any of several manufacturers which do this for you for about $50.00. Either way you accomplish it will be a noticable improvement over stock floorboards. Unless you are flat tracking your bagger on Saturday nights, I doubt if you will scrape the pavement.

I wear a size 13 boot so the extension was a must. Got mine from this forum with all of your help. I think I paid 35 with free shipping and a bandanna. Put them on in about 15 minutes and its exactly 1" outward. I drive aggressively and have yet to scrape the boards. My boot fits perfect on the board and away from the engine a little more less heat. Either way you do it, if you have wide or big feet its a good mod. It also looks very clean when installed.

Back