free website stats program Floor board extenders | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Floor board extenders

I have the rider floorboard extenders from HarleyGoodies on my 09 Road Glide and love them. I don't ride aggressively enough to have a problem with the slightly reduced cornering clearance.

I made my own. Bought bushings at lowes, grade 8 bolts in socket head configuration. Did the same to buddies SG. I didn't experience any cornering issues. He used to ride a ninja and hasn't voiced any concerns.

I put the 1" out and 1" forward Kuryakyn ones on my Roadking. They are awesome. I'm 6'7" so my huge feet didn't sit well on the stock mounts. Felt like a different bike. I use my highway pegs less and footboards more. Physically yes they are lower clearance but the comfort is worth it. My two cents.

Thanks all, I don't do that much tight cornering, and try to counter steer more than lean anyway, When I was leaning like I did on my old small bike I had when I was a kid ( I won't mention the brand =/ ) I did scrape the boards. My wife tells me if I could see how close my bag gaurds come to the ground, I'd not corner as sharply as I do. I'll let you know.

Thanks all, I don't do that much tight cornering, and try to counter steer more than lean anyway, When I was leaning like I did on my old small bike I had when I was a kid ( I won't mention the brand =/ ) I did scrape the boards. My wife tells me if I could see how close my bag gaurds come to the ground, I'd not corner as sharply as I do. I'll let you know.

Not to get into a physics argument here but it doesn't matter if you want to call it "leaning" or "counter steering." To take a specific curve at a specific speed, a specific bike will have to be a specific number of degrees off of vertical. If you were just missing your boards before, an extension will increase the chances of scraping. It won't take you down or endanger you in any way if you're prepared for the screeching noise - just something to consider.

I have the pingel floor board extensions on my RKC. Love em. Dont feel like a monkey doing dirty things to a football anymore. Got my feer out an extra 1.5 inches. You can find the part in the Drag Specialties parts book. No problems doing u-turns, but I have drug the boards a bit in some tight fast twisties...no big deal.:bigsmiley6:

No- you spelled 'apparently' correctly in your edit :newsmile108:

Not to get into a physics argument here but it doesn't matter if you want to call it "leaning" or "counter steering." To take a specific curve at a specific speed, a specific bike will have to be a specific number of degrees off of vertical. If you were just missing your boards before, an extension will increase the chances of scraping. It won't take you down or endanger you in any way if you're prepared for the screeching noise - just something to consider.

I agree whole heartedly with your geometric logic, however I've found if I try to just lean like I would on a bicycle, that's when I usually scrape, but when I push the handlebar on the side I want to turn towards, it seems to force me to offset my weight and somehow avoid the scraping... Of course it could just be the dang 60's and 70's flashing back and diluting my logic!:bigsmiley20:

I was wanting to put them on my rk but they wont fit with a front mount display stand.

This is where knowing a machinist comes in handy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back