free website stats program Floor board extenders | Harley Davidson Forums

Floor board extenders

jims87flh

Banned
I find that i'm often riding with my feet only half way on the floor boards. I saw in a magazine, floor board extenders, that are basically spacers to push the boards ¾ of an inch farther out per side, Since my mechanic is a machinist, I'm having him make me a set that will push them out 1 inch side.
Anyone use these, or have thoughts on them? I'll let you know how they work once installed.

Don't have them and don't know anyone that has them so not much help there. However, the parts of high school geometry class that haven't been wiped out of my brain cells yet tell me that these will reduce your cornering clearance a bit and cause you to get that scraping noise easier. Probably not a major issue for most of us but it would really bother some members here (Hobbit, are you reading this?)

I have extensions for pegs, not floorboards, that extend my feet down and out from stock.
No problems with scraping, but I dont ride like Hobbit either :)

Kuryakyn - part #4588 or part #7528 depending on the type of bike. Will give you 1" out and 1" forward.

I find that i'm often riding with my feet only half way on the floor boards. I saw in a magazine, floor board extenders, that are basically spacers to push the boards ¾ of an inch farther out per side, Since my mechanic is a machinist, I'm having him make me a set that will push them out 1 inch side.
Anyone use these, or have thoughts on them? I'll let you know how they work once installed.

Not a bad idea as far as comfort goes but if you drag an occasional board on turns, theses will make you drag more than you did before.

yes they work well and they do reduce cornering clearance i have drug mine twice both after the install .. btu i dont ride like hobbit either i do fine them more comfortable

The harley goodies ones are great, very well constructed. My only observation is be careful when pulling a u-turn. I can typically turn the bike around within a normal resident street with no problem, however after adding the extensions I attempted to do a U-turn and dug the floorboard mounts down into the ground preventing me from turning, luckily there was no curb or I would have been flown over the handle bars (the bike went right off the road). The extensions significantly cut down your turn radius! I do mostly highway riding so the comfort of the extensions out way the negatives in my opinion.

I have the pingel floor board extensions on my RKC. Love em. Dont feel like a monkey doing dirty things to a football anymore. Got my feer out an extra 1.5 inches. You can find the part in the Drag Specialties parts book. No problems doing u-turns, but I have drug the boards a bit in some tight fast twisties...no big deal.:bigsmiley6:

Last edited:
I've got 3/4" extensions on my StreetGlide, and really like the improved comfort. Can't say that I've noticed much difference in dragging, but I haven't been able to ride that much since putting them on.

Back