free website stats program flooded highway? sturgis | Harley Davidson Forums

flooded highway? sturgis

tlg1100

Planning on meeting some buds in kansas city to ride up to sturgis,they usually go up I-29 north to I-80 west,but they said parts of I-29 is closed due to flooding,I tried to look it up on internet but just news storys.Anyway I hope they figure it out.Friend said thats straight foward and quick route unfortunately we kinda have to hurry cause this was spur of the moment and some of us have to get back to work.

Not sure about the closure, but if you check the state's website (Dept. of Transportation) it should tell you of current closures.

Here's a handy link that will take you to the national traffic information website. Just click on any state and you will be directed to their highway website. I did see that SD doesn't have the interactive maps that some have, but it does get you to their highway site.

Here's a handy link that will take you to the national traffic information website. Just click on any state and you will be directed to their highway website. I did see that SD doesn't have the interactive maps that some have, but it does get you to their highway site.

Mainah - awesome link!

Sure beats searching the internet for each individual state.

I know for a fact I-29 is closed south of I-80 you have to cross at ST.JOE MO to get across the river then you can go west for a ways and back north to I-80 . It's a real mess could be closed for a long time parts are washed out and also affects over passes so no telling how long it will take to reopen .

Thanks for replys , going west and up to I-80 is a good option, thanks

Be careful and ride safe on Hiway 36 west out of St. Joe. I was up there today and the local paper said traffic has increased from 17K cars a day to 44K due to the flooding. It's only a two lane hiway and is becoming a real mess.

We took NE Hwy 75 out of Omaha and ran up to Sioux City, IA...not bad at all. If it's still open - doesn't add much to your timeline. I29 flooding is mostly 1st ~25-30 miles North of Omaha & clear from there. Have a safe trip & enjoy Sturgis!

Thanks for the link. Good info to have, we are leaving next Wednesday from south Florida and didn't know that road was closed. We went that way last year. Now we have time tp plan our alternate!
WAP.gif

Back