Flight 93 Memorial in PA

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by sjcea, Sep 1, 2013.

1. sjcea

sjcea Active Member

2 hours from my home . The wife and I took a trip to the Flight 93 memorial in Shanksville PA . Very sobering experience in tribute to a heroic and sad day in American history !!

Attached Files:

2. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

I'd like to see it someday. My blood still boils when I think of that day.

3. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

I have been there a couple times before. When there was barely a parking lot and a small building. Shortly after the initial event in a field nearby they displayed the American flag that was the size of a football field or maybe bigger. I have always wondered what they are going to do with the hole where the plane hit the ground. It is believed it went in nose first and did not scatter over a large area.

Did you run RTE 30 down the mountain into Bedford ???? That always a fun turn near the bottom of the hill.

4. sjcea

sjcea Active Member

Yes I did and your right lol

5. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

It was a sad day for the whole world. Like you Jeff, it makes my blood boil to think some people have no regard for human life.

6. sjcea

sjcea Active Member

I lost 2 relatives that day at the World Trade Center tower 1 . so I'm with ya on the furious part for sure !!!

7. clap

clap Member

I live 15 miles from the site and I think the government ruined it. They made it to commercial. things such as hats and flags that were hung on the wall from visitors meant alot more. I asked a Ranger what happened to all that stuff and he told me it was all put in storage somewhere.