free website stats program Flhx vibration | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Flhx vibration

It sounds like roadrashman, gww303,bubbie,Iceman24, and I all have the same problem with our 09 10's. Maybe we should get together and take all the bikes to the same dealer at the same timand tell them to tell us the ame (EDIT) they are feeding us individually. Distance is the only problem. I spoke to roadrashman on the phone we think it may be the tranny.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like roadrashman, gww303,bubbie,Iceman24, and I all have the same problem with our 09 10's.

I have had NO problems with my 09 FLHR..

Since New, I put in Redline Shockproof Heavy.

I have read your visitor PM to me and can't figure what is causing Your vibration...

You think maybe it to be a bearing in the tranny.. I would ask you What Was the Numbers of Your crank run-out when HD checked that for you?

I can't seem to help your problem as YOU and HD seemed to cover all the suggestions and possibilities. Boy, You sure replaced and checked a lot of things....

You asked about taking off the right side tranny cover... You should be able to do so but GET the HD Manual for your bike... AS many say It Is Worth Buying!

I would also ask you,,,,, What tranny gear oil was used in your bike from the start? And what are you using NOW?

I would USE redline heavy shockproof and see IF?????

Did you find ANY metal on the tranny magnetic plug?

If so How much and chunks or whiskers??

I doubt if a bearing would get that bad With-out metal on the magnetic plug (bright silver slivers)... If you have used Syn3 or comparable MOTOR OIL,,,,, I can see it Could of Caused Noise and vibration along with a Bad bearing..

Sure not many miles on your bike to have this problem..

That is it for now until YOU reply..

signed....BUBBIE

Sounds like the same issue I have on my 09 Ultra.At around 60 mph in 5th gear when you roll on the throttle I can feel a different feeling come into the floorboards.Bought the bike in May and it was in the shop for 2 1/2 weeks of the first month for this issue.They never could find the problem so I've been riding it and it is getting worse.If you find the problem sure would like to know what it is.

Kind of the same questions to answer here...

What Tranny lube used????

How many miles on the 09/ did you buy it New?

ONLY in 5th gear?

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone I have not gotten any closer to a fix. I have called harleys customer service and got the factory involved and am waiting for a call from dealer to set up an appointment to get it in. As for fluids I have tried multiple trans and primary fluids thinking that would remedy the problem. The current in trans is spectro 6 speed and spectro primary fluid. I have mobile one V-twin in engine. I have tried taking off the slip on muffler and put the stock pipe back on and it still was the same. I put 100 miles on the bike on weds and in sixth gear it has no vibration at all. But that is the only gear it doesnt vibrate in.

check the 2 bottom bolts on the transmission side cover,the 2 that hold your exhaust angle bracket.mine came loose and my floorboards would vibrate when RPMS were above 3000.If bolts are tite, i would guess Bubbie is correct instating scissored crank.It could also be a loose compensator bolt.

check the 2 bottom bolts on the transmission side cover,the 2 that hold your exhaust angle bracket.mine came loose and my floorboards would vibrate when RPMS were above 3000.If bolts are tite, i would guess Bubbie is correct instating scissored crank.It could also be a loose compensator bolt.
Thanks jim1102 I will check the 2 lower bolts. At this point I will try anything.

have you heard anything yet roadrashman, its your phone budy craig. My ride is in the shop at harley and i think they are going to look into the tranny. Let me know if you find anything. they took mine for a ride last week and the tech felt the vibration, at least they have said they felt the vib. also let me know if you get anywhere with harley directly if you want i will call the same guy and we can go at this together.

Mine does that too (09 FLHX)...it goes away when you change gears. It a frequency vibration due to the rpm's in those gears. At 2500 rpm's there isn't any vibration, but if I dont change before going higher in rpm's I get the foot vibration...it's my bikes way of telling me "change gears".

Mine does that too (09 FLHX)...it goes away when you change gears. It a frequency vibration due to the rpm's in those gears. At 2500 rpm's there isn't any vibration, but if I dont change before going higher in rpm's I get the foot vibration...it's my bikes way of telling me "change gears".

I don't know,I have an 08 and don't usually shift til around 3300.
Just sayin'

I am experiencing the exact same vibration in my '09 Street Glide. I have a 103 Stage IV engine. The vibration seemed to come on abruptly. One day it wasnt't there, next day it was.

I can feel it best by placing my left foot against the shifter. The vibration changes with rpm and can be felt at an idle.

I've changed Compensators to the SE Comp and adjusted the chain tensioner while in there of course.

I am going to ride up to my dealer today and have my Service Advisor check it out. He rides the same bike with the same engine.

I'm thinking its a crank issue. I have a friend with the tool needed to gauge crank runout. That's next, depending on what the dealer says.

Jim

Back