free website stats program FLHX - After Market Seat & more questions | Harley Davidson Forums

FLHX - After Market Seat & more questions

israguard

Hi everyone,

I took delivery of a brand new 2010 FLHX yesterday afternoon and I could not be happier.

I would like to change the seat to one which is more comfortable. I know of Corbin and had a few of them on my BMWs in past. Some have mentioned "Mustang" & "La Pera" ??. If you can please let me know if there is in your opinion one which is better than the other.

Also, on the front dash next to the main cruise switch is a switch with ACC on it. Anyone know what this switch contols?

Thats it for now.. Thanks for your time.
Rgds, Shawn (Montreal)

I need a new seat too. I plan to contact Mustang tomorrow and see what they recommend for me based upon my expectations and height.

I just put the corbin gambler 2 up on my 2010 street glide. It is excellent and the wifey is happy as well. I am hooked on the corbin now. It also looks good on the bike.

Here is my 2 cents on street glide seats:
The stock one even though it looks good is worthless for any distance,
So first I went to a stock ultra seat, very comfortable but a rider’s backrest helps it allot if ridding one up, got that one on Craig’s list for a good price.
My second seat is a HD signature series solo, excellent seat with a very versatile riders back rest, and optional passenger seat, its pricey but worth it since I rack up allot of miles on mine, (20,000 + since last October)
The mustang seats are nice looking but I personally find them to be to hard as with the Corbin’s.
Before plugging anything into you acc port please read youe owners manual at least twice this will help you to know your bike and its functions.

i pput a mustang on my 80 flt nice seat. makes~ u sit little higher.~friend had one on fatboy backrest on it liked it also

Sounds like you got experence with Corbin..........why ya wanna change? I've used Corbin Saddles on all three of my Roadglides, personally, I wouldn't want anything else. The new models come with locks now, a good feature for keeping your seat, battery and Tuner (if ya got one). Enjoy the new ride!

Hi everyone,

I took delivery of a brand new 2010 FLHX yesterday afternoon and I could not be happier.

I would like to change the seat to one which is more comfortable. I know of Corbin and had a few of them on my BMWs in past. Some have mentioned "Mustang" & "La Pera" ??. If you can please let me know if there is in your opinion one which is better than the other.

Also, on the front dash next to the main cruise switch is a switch with ACC on it. Anyone know what this switch contols?

Thats it for now.. Thanks for your time.
Rgds, Shawn (Montreal)

You'll find MANY opinions on this, I've done a lot of reading on this site regarding seats.

My second seat is a HD signature series solo, excellent seat with a very versatile riders back rest, and optional passenger seat, its pricey but worth it since I rack up allot of miles on mine, (20,000 + since last October)

What I have not read much about is the HD Signature Series Solo with backrest, thanks for the input bikerfisherman, I've been considering this seat, it fits the look I want but wasn't sure of the function...

Back