free website stats program FLHX 09 - Three Issues | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

FLHX 09 - Three Issues

IRT the service manager - he apologized for the "lackluster" maintenance and asked that we give them another try (this is the second time (EDIT) ). No discount, no hey let me cover the cost of you having to redo the work, just - sorry, pay us again and let's see if we can get it right. Needless to say I am done with their service department.

You still may have some recourse. Call MOCO and complain but one better would be if you paid by credit card call card company and file a claim under paying for services not delivered and let credit card company work it out for you. If paid by check call bank and ask about stop payment on check to dealer.... This will get the attention of everyone above service manager.

I had a similar situation where I brought my 07 RKC into a dealer for work. (vibration) Dealer replaced the front motor mount (said it was a "disposable" part and there fore not under warranty). As it was 5 pm by the time they finished, I didn't get to check it out before all they all flew out the door. After riding for five minutues I could tell the problem was not fixed. As soon as I got home I called the CC company and put in a dispute claim. Next day called the dealer and told him what happened and what I had done. As you could imagine, he was very upset about the call to the CC company. (moreso than being interested in getting me right). After a few minutes of me saying "will you make it right" and him " how do I know you'll pay" (I had every intention of doing, just make it right) his last words to me were "take your business else where"
Nuff said.
And that dealer was added to our "dealers I wouldn't reccommend" forum.
I did get the credit on my CC, just had to write them a letter explaining what happened. (dealer did not fix what they claimed they fixed)
Don't back down, you don't need to be a jerk about it either, you should be compensated, fully from what I read here.

Back