free website stats program FLHTPI Questions | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

FLHTPI Questions

I have an 2007 roadking police bike& i love it! added mustang passenger seat.
put spectro heavy duty platinum 6 speed in trans quiets 5th gear. added rinehart slipons,K&n rd -3909 & just ordered tpi cant wait too feel the difference. thanks guys for all your help.

ride safe.

air compressor easily stashed behind left cover. you already have air ride suspension..............bw

Having put many many miles on Police bikes in training and work . I have noticed that the maintance on a bike varies from Dept. to Dept. Some have their own motorpool mechanics, and some do great work and some don't.
I've seen them use anti sieze and an impact wrench on loose compensator nuts. "??" The Depts. that lease " or have a special deal made to them by some HD dealers for say $1.00 per year or at least have their bikes maintained at an HD Dealer are usually good bikes to buy.
The bikes to shy away from are high milage one's because they are usually are used in training a lot. That means lots of drops and lots of riding the clutch and rear brake for slow speed manuvering skills.
The most problems with a service bike is they might need a clutch and rotors and or pads.
But all in all they are good bikes to buy. Just watch for electrical issues if they have been civilianized by a back yard mechanic. Sometimes they can cut and chop wires. You won't find a more comfortable seat than the solo air ride saddle in my opinion! Enjoy.

I owned a 2004 and I really liked the bags with the puck. I didn't even have to get off the bike to get into the bags. There are also a couple switches you can use for accessories. You can buy chrome covers for the pucks if you like.

Back