free website stats program FLHTPI Questions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

FLHTPI Questions

Hi Delmar,
Yup, saw your low ball figure,, that would have been a good deal if they'd gone for it... I really wanted the GrandJunction Blue one, like blue, but the Blk/Wht is cool,too but that HD dealer was nice to start, but got a attitude like, cold like we could not make the deal, they did'nt really care...I have to say Dream Machines people straight forward honest from beginning to end. I later went by there week later to see the machine and give them down.. Same thing they were all ways same, friendly, helpful,honest, listened and caring.. and if you need some financial help, they can get it done! :) I would highly recommend them, they have some awesome HD's there as well.. :)

Hey, Thanks for that, not sure does Michelin make Pilot 2CT to fit my FLHTP? I'm a little green on this stuff,, learning fast.. Appreciate the help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't see the size for your bike on their site for that tire...they are a sportbike tire anyway, if you wanted to go Michelin..these may be more suited for your ride
Michelin North America Motorcycle Tires

I'm running Dunlop E3's on my Police RK and find the wet weather handling very good, lot of tire choices out there, the softer the compound the better the grip but sacrifice mileage, hard tires will give high mileage but you loose traction, you want to find a middle ground compound for your FLH

Last edited:
I am riding an 06 flhtpi from kansas city and have no regrets! as stated they are cared for. you will find that the pucks on the bags are great. my wife can open and put stuff in or out while rolling down the road. one thing I did was to De-police my bike when I got it home. pulled unnessary wiring and pulled useless brackets off. Then I started putin on the chrome, changed the exhaust and put a powre commander with a big sucker air cleaner! WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Good luck and enjoy.

I’ve had mine for less than a week and absolutely love it. Then again I’m a minimalist so a basic stripper bike is perfect for me. Other good features if you buy them direct from the department:

Police bikes are well maintained and have complete service records available.
Police bikes will be responsibly ridden and not beat to death.
Police bikes cost much less than an equivalent civilian bike.
Police bikes have unique styling, they’re so ugly they’re cool.
Hi i'm about to be the owner of a 2007 FLHTPI all Black with the 103" engine.
what is a fair price for that? and the thing about the right saddle bag it's not the abs it is the air compressor for the cop seat. and is totally removable or can be used for adjustable air ride suspension. or just removed and a litlle work and you can regain the space in the bag. My primary reason for buying the FLHTPI is the 103". I took it for a test ride and noticed a slight vibration in the front end. What are the known gotchas for the 07 FLHTPI

what is a fair price for that? and the thing about the right saddle bag it's not the abs it is the air compressor for the cop seat. and is totally removable or can be used for adjustable air ride suspension. or just removed and a litlle work and you can regain the space in the bag. My primary reason for buying the FLHTPI is the 103". I took it for a test ride and noticed a slight vibration in the front end. What are the known gotchas for the 07 FLHTPI

$13725 is the KBB retail price to use as a guide.

2007 Harley-Davidson FLHTP Electra Glide Police Motorcycle Retail Value & Price - Kelley Blue Book

Thanks Glider, this bike has already been converted to civilian and has a stereo and a FLHX seat, pretty new tires and a removable sissy bar with pad for the wife.His asking price was 14,900, I have mentioned $14,500 and he said he would do that and really for this area it seems to me to be the best current deal. Do you think $14,500 is too fat an offer? Any thoughts about the minor vibration in the front end? Also with my need for speed I'm currious as to what exhaust, air cleaner to start with and will do the cams latter. I was really dissapointed in the lack luster performance when I test rode it.
My previous bike a 95 FLHTC would have blown it away. but I had built that bike up strong with Andrews cam, flowed heads, big sucker, SE ignition, D&D exhaust, and 10.5 to 1 compression. I think if I let this 103" breathe it will help a lot...
thanks and I hope I get some good feed back on how to get the most bang for my buck out of this bike.
If you got any evo questions, I know a little...

$13725 is the KBB retail price to use as a guide.

2007 Harley-Davidson FLHTP Electra Glide Police Motorcycle Retail Value & Price - Kelley Blue Book

Only you can decide what you feel is a fair price above the retail price for the bike. Personally I feel it is high in this market now especially. Bikes just aren't getting high retail prices because of all the bikes on the market. Regardless of the civilian upgrades, it's only worth what you are willing to pay for it. There's a LOT of bikes available, shop around and let him sit on the price.

A newbie here with my first post and a 04 roadking police bike.LOVE IT!!!!!! I like the pucks cause its easier to get into.Ive seen pushbutton latches you can put on that look pretty cool but I spent all my money on the bike and dont have much left except for gas and necessities.I ride 2up and my wife and I are not the smallest people with no problem.I thought about putting some mild beach bars on it but think it will take away from the comfort.It could use louder pipes.That may come next summer.Its gonna be a long winter when all I can do is sit in the garage,drink beer and wish I was riding.

Roadkill40

Did you get that bike?

I know it's been a couple of weeks since you posted this, so I'm sure you realize by now the space inside the right saddlebag is taken up by the abs module, and does not have anything to do with the air ride seat or suspension. The canister for the air ride seat is mounted under the radio mount, behind the license plate. You can remove the abs unit and change the saddlebag out for a normal one, but it would require some re-plumbing of the brake lines. These bikes ('04-'07) had the Nissin abs unit, not nearly as good as the 08 and later Brembo abs, but still, it's better than no abs. Losing a little space out of the saddlebag is annoying, but worth it in the long run.

The 103 motor in these bikes are severely constricted, and you will be amazed at what a decent stage I treatment will do for your performance.

There's a couple of well documented issues with these bikes. The six-speed trans has a noisy 5th gear. It's because 1st and 5th gears are straight-cut, not helical cut. A lot of people apparantly complained, and in 2010, the Moco made 5th gear helical. I don't really hear the whine all that much, and don't consider it to be a problem. The other issue is the hot running motors.
The motors are set up very lean from the factory in order to meet EPA restrictions. That's another reason to do the stage I treatment asap. It's a win-win for the bike owner. You get more performance, and a cooler running bike. What's not to like?

I did my stage I with old style SE slip-ons. (These were the ones made by Supertrapp, and dropped from the HD catalog several years ago. However, Supertrapp still makes them, and sells them as Supertrapp SE's.) Then I added a screamin' eagle air cleaner and a V&H fuelpak. I'm planning on camming the motor up a little this winter. So far, I know I've only just scratched the surface.

Back