free website stats program Flhtk stage one | Harley Davidson Forums

Flhtk stage one

JOHNMOWCOP

Some advice and guidance please. (Please take in to account I am in the UK (England)).

2010 FLHTK 1690cc.

I want to fit a stage one setup onto it.
1). Is this something I can do myself?
2). What fuel upgrade is most suited? (I would prefer to save money where possible, by not buying the most sophisticated when it is not required).
3). I want to use Vance and Hines Ovals or does anyone recommend anything else. After looking for the ovals it appears that the ones I have had on previous FLHTCU's are not suitable for this FLHTK, does anyone know why or is it just a means of increasing the price.
4) What happens to the butterfly valve in the exhaust, how do I lock it in the open position or get rid of it?

Any advice would be appreciated but please bear in mind where I live, obscure stuff may not be readily available.

Thanks'

John T.

Here is what I have on my 2010 FLHTK:

D&D 2 into 1, with a ghost pipe on the left side.
ThunderMax Computer
High-flow A/C

It cost a few $$$$, but the results are great!!!

Vance and Hines double slash ovals ordered.

TFI ordered from Dobeck, thanks' Glider I saved about £80 (about$100) by ordering via HD Talking as you recommended.

Now need air filter, I would like to keep the exising HD cover but change what is behind it. Anyone any suggestions please.

John T.

Vance and Hines double slash ovals ordered.

TFI ordered from Dobeck, thanks' Glider I saved about £80 (about$100) by ordering via HD Talking as you recommended.

Now need air filter, I would like to keep the exising HD cover but change what is behind it. Anyone any suggestions please.

John T.

Glad you took advantage of the TFI offer here by Dobeck. It's an awesome deal for a great unit.

As far as the intake question, you can use the HD stage 1 and retain the stock cover. I have done it that way on all my bikes.

77.jpg

Glad you took advantage of the TFI offer here by Dobeck. It's an awesome deal for a great unit.

As far as the intake question, you can use the HD stage 1 and retain the stock cover. I have done it that way on all my bikes.

77.jpg
Hey, That looks like My bike Glider...:newsmile036:

I did the same as Glider and used the SE air unit from HD.. That TFI is A Super Good Deal for you guys (uk) as the shipping is More than here in the USA..

You'll love the TFI and getting it for -50$ and FREE shipping a big Bonus to you... :newsmile093: a sweet-heart deal.

signed....BUBBIE

Help again please.

2010 FLHTK.

I am having difficulty in determining the correct SE Stage 1 air cleaner kit. HD Cheater uk (Freudian slip, should be HD Chester) advise me, following a lengthy phone call, I need 29260-08.

When I try to get this it is flagged up as discontinued, it also says not suitable for CVO models??

What part number should I be getting.

Does anyone know where I can get it online, preferably in the uk but if not USA will do

It may be that the kit you are looking at does not support your air cleaner cover and that is why it may not be suitable for a cvo however try this link
VAT Free Harley Davidson Parts - Jersey Harley-Davidson

They are part of the uk but do not charge the 20% vat so even with the postage should be a wee bit of saving from what chester hd can offer

Brian

Back