free website stats program FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide

gringo

If comfort is your requirement then this one is for you. The 1584 cc Twin Cam 96 Engine is air cooled and rubber mounted to deliver a smoothly continuous riding experience like no other.

To be comfortable in your travel especially for long distances is necessary if your are cruising in a motorcycle or a Harley. Traveling in a bike is very much different than riding in a car.

If comfort is your requirement then this one is for you. The 1584 cc Twin Cam 96 Engine is air cooled and rubber mounted to deliver a smoothly continuous riding experience like no other.
Dude, what are you like an HD marketing person or something?

Yeah, this bike's nice, but it's top heavy. Also, once you get up to about 40 mph, you can't hear the radio anymore. Cruise control is nice, but a CB?

Yeah, this bike's nice, but it's top heavy. Also, once you get up to about 40 mph, you can't hear the radio anymore. Cruise control is nice, but a CB?

apparently you have never ridden one and are shooting from the hip. i can hear my radio, CD or sat radio thru the system great even doing 80 mph. as far as being top heavy, we're talking about a touring bike, not a dirt bike. of course they're heavy. have you driven a BMW touring bike? its top heavy too. they all are (Electr-clides, Wings, BMW, etc). if you want a low center of gravity, get a sportster or dyna low rider, but don't expect to get the comfort of touring bike.

Hey all, I just joined this community and I'm looking forward to some good discussions. I just bought a new FLHTCU. It is the ultimate "touring" bike - which means it is built for the long haul. Top Heavy? Yes. Smooth at 90? Yes! Can I hear my "stereo" radio at 90? Yes again! I also have an 05 Softail Deluxe which has about 28,000 miles on it. I have done 600 miles in day on that too, but it is definitely better suited for zipping around town and just lookin' good on! The two bikes offer completely different rides - which is perfect for me!!

Hey all, I just joined this community and I'm looking forward to some good discussions. I just bought a new FLHTCU. It is the ultimate "touring" bike - which means it is built for the long haul. Top Heavy? Yes. Smooth at 90? Yes! Can I hear my "stereo" radio at 90? Yes again! I also have an 05 Softail Deluxe which has about 28,000 miles on it. I have done 600 miles in day on that too, but it is definitely better suited for zipping around town and just lookin' good on! The two bikes offer completely different rides - which is perfect for me!!

Well said brother I love my 07' Ultra

apparently you have never ridden one and are shooting from the hip. i can hear my radio, CD or sat radio thru the system great even doing 80 mph. as far as being top heavy, we're talking about a touring bike, not a dirt bike. of course they're heavy. have you driven a BMW touring bike? its top heavy too. they all are (Electr-clides, Wings, BMW, etc). if you want a low center of gravity, get a sportster or dyna low rider, but don't expect to get the comfort of touring bike.

I agree. I have a 06 Ultra and I hear the Audio just fine. It has a AVC and the volume rises and lowers according to noise. It has the best center of gravity for a touring model. I'm a small person and I have no trouble with my bike.

I agree. I have a 06 Ultra and I hear the Audio just fine. It has a AVC and the volume rises and lowers according to noise. It has the best center of gravity for a touring model. I'm a small person and I have no trouble with my bike.

I have taken delivery of my third Harley last week. It's a brand new U/C Electra and I can tell you it's the most comfortable bike I have ever owned. I can hear the radio/cd/mp3 at 80mph. I can have a telephone conversation via the H-D phone interface at 70 mph. And indeed the AVC is brilliant.
If you can't hear your radio at 40mph you have few options open to you. A hearing aid, turn the volume up or take those ridiculously loud pipes off.:D

Last edited:

Talk about top heavy, I came off of a BMW K1200LT to a 06 Harley Road Glide (which is same frame etc as Ultra) to avoid top heavy. What you need to do is ride a BMW LT or Goldwing to find out about top heavy. Hey I listen to my music just find at 80 MPH and I have less "protectlion" than Ultra.
Leon

What?? Have your ears checked dude :)..I can hear my stereo fine at 80mph!

Back