free website stats program FLHTCU / FLHTK Paint Schemes | Harley Davidson Forums

FLHTCU / FLHTK Paint Schemes

Cleftwynd

Banned
This might seem like a really silly question... one that has been in the baqck of my mind for months now.

The only new bikes I have seen are all two tone options, like Midnight Pearl/Brilliant Silver Pearl, Ember Red Glo/Merlot etc... I haven't had a chance to see a "Vivid Black" bike yet and by all the pictures I have seen they all make it seem like the black is actually a two tone.

Can anyone here let me know what the new bikes look like in Vivid Black?

thx in advance fellas...

Vivid black is the only true black color that Harley has. The black Pearl looks grayish. I own a vivid black 2008 and really like it. The 2 tone colors are necessary especially for the limited model. It needs the 2 tone to have its own identity from the rest of the Electra Glides, though some of the 2 tone Limited used vivid black as a secondary color on the 2 tone...
Remember all Harley's were black years ago till someone wanted to go fast so they came out with a red one.:)

Have a Vivid Black 2011 FLHTK, it is solid black with a gray pinstrips which may play tricks on the eye when looking at a photo making the color look two different shades.

My 2012 Ultra Limited is solid Vivid Black with the pin stripes. No Tu-Tone.
There were lots of color options available but it seemed that black just seemed proper on this motor.

Back