free website stats program FLHR Windshield Height | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

FLHR Windshield Height

Just wondered why everyone seems to cut the top of the shield?

When I got my 2001 Ultra the shield had some stress cracks from the previous owner tightening it too much. The dealer replaced the shield for me and I retained the old one. I then used the new shield as a pattern for the bottom placement of the holes etc. and took two inches off the bottom of the shield with a Dremel tool after marking it with a marker. Result is that I have a short shield, 6 inches and a tall shield eight inches. I used a cutting wheel on the Dremel and a medium speed which did a fairly nice job. Any imperfections in the cut are hidden by the fairing anyway.

I realize that this won't work for a Road King but it works great for the Ultra.

Hey All,

I'm a tall guy and my windshield on my road king is tall as well and I can just barely see over the top. I found it nice though if I want to see over it I can but on those chilly days we get here in Florida you can sit lower on the seat and completely block the wind from your face. I would ride it a while and see if you get used to it before you cut it down. :)

I have a 09 RK and am 6 ft 1. I am thinking I need to take of 1.5 inches. How does that measure up to what others have done?

Back