free website stats program Fleece Jeans vs Chaps | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fleece Jeans vs Chaps

One option might be to use Carhartt coveralls , the overall type,with the bibb, wind proof and can be easily removed and you can still use your leather jacket. Alabama doesn't get as cold as where some of you guys ride , but I have never been cold with my coveralls on.They dont have to be Carhartt most any good brand will do.

There are two things chaps do for you. They block the wind and help to prevent road rash if you have a spill. They do not keep you warm. If you have a touring bike with the lowers then the chaps aren't really going to help you with the wind and if your jeans are thick enough they will suffice for the chaps. Fossil

If you block the wind and it is cold then you will be warmer.

I don't like being stuck without chaps in cooler weather and I don't like being stuck with flannel lined jeans in warmer weather. So, I keep a pair of chaps in my saddlebags for when the weather takes an unexpected turn for the worse and for when my ride lasts into the evening. I wear flannel lined jeans if I know that I'm going to be out in cool weather for most of the day. They can get hot indoors. If it really gets cool on a long ride, then I put the chaps on over the flannel lined jeans

I use a pair of carhart knock off lined coveralls, soft lowers on the bike and riding around in 30* weather here in Atlantic Canada is comfortable with them. YMMV.

Back