free website stats program flat black ???? | Harley Davidson Forums

flat black ????

softail00

I am thinking about changing the look of my bike to denim black has anybody seen a heritage softail with whitewalls this color. Am I crazy? Does anybody have pics of this.:newsmile040:

I think that's a mighty fine idea you have there!! I have never seen a heritage in denim, and I think it would look awesome. Maybe I'm a little biased because I have a black denim bike, but I prefer the industrial look vs. the classic look.

My Crossbones is Black Denim. I recently saw both a Fatboy and a Fatbob with the black denim. Absolutely the best look out there...Whitewalls would REALLY set that thing off...DO IT and then post pictures :)

I have an 08 FatBob with Black Denium. I think the denium look is awesome with the chrome. Just don't wax it or put pledge on it. Wipe it clean with a damp cloth or windex. Mars easy so be careful with your helmet.

Going back together with it right now it took me awhile to get the correct sheen on the bike 50 spray out cards and finally got it perfect. I had to paint it twice because of a few dirt nibs this paint leaves no room for mistakes because you cant buff it. I will post pics as I start building.:D

Ive always liked the black denim. I went with gloss black on mine, and though I absolutely love it, I sometimes question if I made the right decision. What I don't like about a lot of the black denim bikes I see is the integrated use of gloss black. If you're going to go denim it should go all the way, that was the deciding factor when I picked the gloss black on my Xbones.

That's what I think makes the bike look so good in the denium is not glossy. It's should wear like an old pair of jeans. Don't wax, don't rub anything into it. Just wipe it clean. I use a little soapy water if its really dirty, but normally just use water or windex and a cloth diaper to wipe it clean. The chrome is what shines not the tank and fenders. Looks awesome. I can't wait to put some miles on it and watch it wear. If you put your greasy fingers on it, you'll leave prints. Everyone knows now NOT to touch my bike. When the chrome shines and the wheels are buffed out, you won't find a nicer looking bike.

1-18-09_017.JPG

What do you think?? More pics to come...:D

Iam still putting this rat together my next pic will be of the rear fender iam still waiting for one more part to complete it.:bigsmiley8:

Back