free website stats program flashing headlight | Harley Davidson Forums

flashing headlight

joepalmer

got an 09 RKC. i want to hook up a momentary switch to flash the headlights. i don't want to mess it up. diagrams anyone? thanks

i actually did. in fact spent a lot of time looking for a diagram to show the hooking up a momentary switch to the headlight (to make it flash).. thanks

Joe- All you need is a toggle switch, some wire and clips.

Find a place to mount the switch.
Remove the headlight.
Remove the hot lead from your headlight and connect it to one side of the switch. You will have to extend that wire.
From the toggle switch run a new wire back to your headlight.

Flip the switch and the light stays on.
Toggle the switch and you have a flashing headlight. :)

I think he is looking to put in a momentary contact switch so his headlight strobe all the time.
I hate the bikes that have them on in the oncoming traffic:newsmile055:

IMO, with the addition of day time running lights mandated it seems to me any thing we can do to make ourselves more visible is a good thing, Tho I do not like Strobe lights JMO

hey dangerdan thanks for the info. actually i do just want a momentary switch that i can control myself. so i can "flash" cagers at will. i too hate the flashing headlights that are on all the time. i want to put the switch on the switch housing behind the clutch lever. so i can flash with my finger. as far as the wiring, do i just tap into the hot wire off the headlight to the switch and ground the other wire? just want to be sure. thanks again.

Back