free website stats program flamed beyond belief | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

flamed beyond belief

Hey Hoop, must be the radiance from your nose, judging by your avatar...are you saying "-they all do it?" :bigsmiley6: JK

Actually after a long "sortie" my ol' Katana did glow at night, just a little orange though...never looked at my Sporty to see, but then being an '04 Carb model running a bit rich I don't expect it to...!

My rear pipe still glows if I'm pulling a good load, up hill at a good speed,etc.
SE stage 1, SE race tuner, and SE slash cut slip ons sure made a difference. Sorry it took so long to reply, I'm at work. I did have to take it to a indy shop and re-tune as the dealership has to tune to EPA specifications. Or so I was told. Richening it up a bit did take away a little horse power.

Last edited:
Is it not ridiculous that it took 17 days of lost riding time on a beautiful machine like yours for something so elementary. Along with your valid complaint I would be looking not only for service reimbursement but press for half of a month of bike payment. I would have liked to been a fly on the wall when the HD rep had a complete waste of time looking into your complaint especially when it had no fault due to MOCO and shoddy workmanship. I am sure the service manager got a earful. I would try to be very calm with discussion and have a clear game plan when talking to dealer for being difficult will get no favorable results. Wish you best of luck.

Hey Hoop, must be the radiance from your nose, judging by your avatar...are you saying "-they all do it?" :bigsmiley6: JK

Actually after a long "sortie" my ol' Katana did glow at night, just a little orange though...never looked at my Sporty to see, but then being an '04 Carb model running a bit rich I don't expect it to...!

HMMMMM, Yeah LOL:s

this all goes back to the low trans fluid in april. 3 service jobs, 1 cancelled appt. by regional rep., 1 ride by regional rep., and a $724.56 repair bill i paid b-cause they can't dianose the problem and WON"T fix it or pay me the money. @dcfatboy-going to try chesapeake in darlington. know people who have had good luck and know a few there. @dbmg- they had the bike a week and rep. cancelled and got snooty. then rode the bike 10 days later. didn't find any problems. i came home today after 170 miles and same problem, won't downshift. how can i make them understand that this is an intermittent problem and i can't snap my fingers and it appears. this is why i say the warranty is a worthless piece of paper. i guess the only recourse is willie g. all i want is this thing fixed and a refund. time to go corporate.

Pa has lemon law for motorcycles. Maybe that might be a option to look into. Its usually finds dealer in breach of contract. Not properly honoring warranty.

It's a shame that there are people in the industry who have to have a baby sitter while doing a job that involves someone's life in their hands. One thing left loose or not tight enough can cause disaster in a blink of an eye. I worked for a automotive dealer in the shop as a shop foreman. We had good help, but, one day the local undertaker called back after his wife's caddy had been serviced. He told me he heard a rattle in the rear end, pulled over, checked things, pulled a hub cap off, 2 lug nuts in the cap , others were loose!! He said, i bury people every day, i don't want to bury my wife. I felt like 1'' tall, i talked to the mechanic about it, he felt like (EDIT) too. He was a great mech,but, had his head someplace else that day. On 4 wheels, you have a chance, on 2, and there's a problem, reduce your chances by about 90+%.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
mailed off a 3 page letter today outlining the entire progression of this fiasco.
hopefully, it will make it up the chain before it hits the circular file folder.

Back