free website stats program flamed beyond belief | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

flamed beyond belief

I'm with you guys. Sure is hard to find quality craftsman these days. Of course, it helps if they're getting paid a good wage? Back in 03' when I looked into it, you had to be an M.M.I grad and starting wage was $10 an hour. Get what you pay for. We can thank the coorporate machine for that. Glimmerman I sure hope Md. does you right.

that is how i always felt. my money is green and it speds everywhere. except canada. i just can't get over that the derby cover was over 20 ft/lbs. and the primary cover was finger tight. and i have brand new torque wrenches w/ certs. tom hannum is going to get $724.56 worth of good old fashioned ear beating real soon. i don't plan on stopping until i make a point.

I would demand cash back for flimsy service, or discount in the future, after they fix the problem now, and make sure it is noted some where, of the situation, in case of future problems, and have the dealer sign off on it. Then tell them you want some free gear !!!

The time you spent running back and forth is worth something !

that is how i always felt. my money is green and it speds everywhere. except canada. i just can't get over that the derby cover was over 20 ft/lbs. and the primary cover was finger tight. and i have brand new torque wrenches w/ certs. tom hannum is going to get $724.56 worth of good old fashioned ear beating real soon. i don't plan on stopping until i make a point.

I found the best way to make a point is to go in when the salesman are busy with lots of customers looking to empty their pockets and make sure you let them know in the service dept. how unsatisfied you are at a decibel level where all can listen in. They tend to take care of you just to shut you up. I got a race tuner at cost and a free dyno tune that way.

Did you say there was oil all over the belt? That could significantly reduce it's life. I'd be after a new one. VegasRob

Tramp60..."--squeaky wheel gets the most grease"...works, but can do so in a negative way depending on how far you "press".

Glimmerman...no excuses, but some of those bozos are also "distracted" by not working continuously and not focusing on proper shop practices because they are into "meatball surgery" by the amount of work they turn over in a given time.

Of course, just because it happens does not make it right...make sure you list your claim with the Service Manager and on the work order in case later on you need to make a claiim for them to rework the damages (there should have the mechanic signature who worked on it, properly filled out as well, with old parts available for your inspection.

I have had guys do oil change and left the filler cap and dipstick still lying on the engine! (fortunately it was in my gals ol' Honda Civic, and she only drove it a couple blocks home..."Honey what is that puddle underneath your car...?"

NEWHD74FAN: You are absolutely correct. That's where persistance comes in. My issue was with my head pipes glowing? Wasn't to happy about how hot it was runnin. What happened in my case was, there are more than one serice manager and happened to get the attention of the right one. Like you said, the techs name will be on your paper work. Don't let that individual work on your sled if he or she is not doing the job. It can be frustrating. I understand Glimmerman being uptight.

Back