free website stats program Fixing Paint On Master Cylinder | Harley Davidson Forums

Fixing Paint On Master Cylinder

hd4evr

Banned
Everybody knows that the front master cylinder is notorious for leaking. Mine did too. Paint is bubbled, and I was wondering if anyone knew a way to re-paint the master cylinder, or how you did yours. Thanks.

I got a master cylinder rebuild kit stripped the master cylinder down stripped all the paint off and re painted
as i remember i used some rubber tubing which i put a slit in to fill the holes either end to srop the paint getting to places it wasnt wanted and that the level glass was a pain to get out and in
once painted rebuilt master cylinder with the rebuild kit and fitted back on to bike

Brian

Everybody knows that the front master cylinder is notorious for leaking. Mine did too. Paint is bubbled, and I was wondering if anyone knew a way to re-paint the master cylinder, or how you did yours. Thanks.

The leaking problem is usually the result of the over tightening of the screws on the cover. If you tighten them too much it squashes the gasket which will then leak. The gasket doesn't take much to deform it and then it leaks.

Because the controls/master cylender are a "matte" black (not gloss but not flat) it can be difficult to match the color.We use this product to match the door posts around glass that are "matte black" on many cars. Heres a product we use in the autobody field that should work and match quite well.

Save on SEM Paints 39143 at ToolTopia.com

Yay...WYW comes thru again...the other thing to a successful paint job besides materials is Preparation...that master cylinder needs to be cleaned and surface immaculate for the paint to stick.

WOW, they lowered their price on paints 35 cents...

Part#: 98606BY
| Description: Aerosol. | YEAR: ’98-later Engine and Transmission. | MAKE: Harley-Davidson | STYLE: Silver Bead Blast
Price: $19.60

Back