free website stats program Fix up the Fatboy or get a Street Glide? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fix up the Fatboy or get a Street Glide?

Brother Bob knows his way around the twisties, whoever is behind filming isn't bad either!

I agree with keeping it, just stay in 5th. no reason you HAVE to hit 6th, it's better to rev a little than to lope an engine in my opinion. These things can cruise all day at 3500 if you want it to...

Maybe Im missing something here...{ I was up late last nite] but I just speed up a little for 6th or slow down a bit for 5th.....Or..Do what others have said..:)..I do find there are certain speeds where Id rather not stay.....

IMO, you are going to be in the same situation with a stock street glide. I rented one, no upgrades to it all stock. Now did I enjoy the ride absolutely! No questions asked, but it was begging for some upgrades (I rode 300 miles or so with a passenger on back who was light as a feather and no luggage).

If engine responsiveness is your only issue with the bike then start investing in some Stage 1 work, fuel management, air flow, pipes. The only way you are going to get a Glide or anything that you are satisfied with out of the store, is if you go up to a CVO and then you are talking about some serious $$$$, and you probably will still want to do some work to it to tune it just right. Harley's don't come from the factory tuned for performance.

Your call, but I would say if you like the bike you got, then just start some work on it.

I think you are going to feel like bike is performing the same due to no mods as far as the intake.

For me, I had a fat boy which I loved, but decided to upgrade to a RK, with and also got a detachable fairing
I set my RK up to try to feel the same as far as handlebars, seat, extended floorboards..

I now have the best of both worlds

Back