free website stats program "Fix My Hog" DVD's? | Harley Davidson Forums

"Fix My Hog" DVD's?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I bought the HD service manual when I picked up my 08 SG because I want to do as much work as possible myself and not be a slave to the dealers prices and schedule. I hear too many horror stories about having to leave your bike for a week for even routine maintenance!

I wanted to get everyone's opinion of the "Fix My Hog" DVD's if they are using them. I really just want the first one - not interested in the "Bolt On" performance one yet.
Are they worth the $45-$50.

My first oil/filter change went great using only the service manual and what little common sense I posess but I can't help thinking anything else would really be enhanced by watching a video first. Like they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words." Hmmm...what does that make a VIDEO worth?

I bought the HD service manual when I picked up my 08 SG because I want to do as much work as possible myself and not be a slave to the dealers prices and schedule. I hear too many horror stories about having to leave your bike for a week for even routine maintenance!

I wanted to get everyone's opinion of the "Fix My Hog" DVD's if they are using them. I really just want the first one - not interested in the "Bolt On" performance one yet.
Are they worth the $45-$50.

My first oil/filter change went great using only the service manual and what little common sense I posess but I can't help thinking anything else would really be enhanced by watching a video first. Like they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words." Hmmm...what does that make a VIDEO worth?

I have both for the touring...Its already saved me what I paid for them 3 fold...yes I know absolutely nothing ...but now I comfortable doing a lot of things..the maintenance is super!
The bolt on..I installed a chrome inner primary...new grips...first time I took the little brass thingees out of the throttle cable it scared me to death...but they make it look very easy..coz it actually is pretty easy...I did let the dealership do my handle bars ..but I should have done them myself...coz its not all that bad...the thing is ..ya gotta go slow and watch it a couple of times...anyway thats what I did...lol so get'em are rent them first..I had no idea you could rent them....but I would have bought them specially if I would have seen them first..thats how good i believe they are.

Good Luck Doc

Back