free website stats program fix a flat | Harley Davidson Forums

fix a flat

I think most would only recommend this in an absolutely, no other choice, method. It is very nasty stuff to work with after the fact, when the tire is removed again. It isn't a good thing to use long term either.

almost anything will work to "get you home" but many tire service guys will not work on a tire with fix a flat or slime in them. It makes a mess of their machine and can be dangerous too.

Only the fact it wont work on tubes...it will simply leak inside and get around the tire and make a mess, your tube will still leak..

I know it does take a lengthy wait sometimes, but your insurance offered tow coverage is your best bet for all round safety etc. It's usually very reasonable.

almost anything will work to "get you home" but many tire service guys will not work on a tire with fix a flat or slime in them. It makes a mess of their machine and can be dangerous too.

It can explode, Please tell a service tech when you use this it can make a difference:s

Only the fact it wont work on tubes...it will simply leak inside and get around the tire and make a mess, your tube will still leak..

like texas tom said your tube will still leak and as a tech if i know that it's in the tire . i wont go near it !!!!! had burns all over my face because a custom used that (EDIT) and didn't say any thing :newsmile055:..... so if you do use it make sure you say somthing to them ....

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankly I would use the old fashioned Stop and Go plug kit (if I'm stuck in the woods with no cellphone service or on a tight schedule). The kit is only 'bout $40 on sale and with a CO2 or powered inflator...once plugged it shoud get you to your destination and "relatively painless.":s

http://www.stopngo.com/

Ok, he said a tubed tire.
A plug won't work.
Fix a flat or Slime WILL work on a tubed tire. I've used both. Why wouldn't a tech work on a tubed tire, that has had FAF used? It's contained by the tube. Throw it away. By the way, Fix-a-flat hasn't used a flammable propellant in more than 10 years.
Some bad info out there... Don't perpetuate the myths.

Well this is what all the manufacturers have told me too, but seems many shops don't agree. I'm still collecting evidence. I only use fix a flat in my portable equipment with phematic wheels and I end up changing them myself. It is messy (if not in a tube or the tube didn't blow) but seems the newer green stuff ain't quite as bad as the old black sticky slime.

Back