free website stats program Five finger Discount!!! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Five finger Discount!!!

Would some of you guys kill someone that broke into your garage or trailer....Now self defence....Yes.....Going to jail for murder??? Not for my harley,,,And yes,I do love my bike but not that much..

The fine line of excessive force..........

If they break into my house and I catch them their dead!!!!!!!!! They aren't there collecting for the Red Cross! It's not murder it's self defence.

I always wonder about the people that put their bikes in enclosed trailers, plaster 'Harley Davidson' all over the trailer. It just seemed like advertising what could be in the trailer.

my trailer came used from a couple dirt racers have KTM on it...this also goes for having your name in front of your house.. all someone has to do is look you up and phone to find out if you are home or not.

Not saying it doesn't happen, but I can't see there being a high drive to steal a motorcycle. I guess if you want to chop it up for parts or something but trying to sell it whole to some one is going to be tough when it is easy to check a VIN. Big, tough to move and if you are going to sell the parts would you be likely to throw it in the back of a truck (if you could lift it or get it in there). Plus with the digital key FOB/alarms now almost standard for starting, it gets more complex. Plus it takes a lot of time. There are lots of other items in a home that are smaller, easier to grab and easy to pawn or sell.

I know it has already been touched upon and I think some of the statements may have been made "tongue in cheek", but to use deadly force for stealing an object is something that you will likely lose in court. I know how violated you feel when someone enters your home and steals from you, first hand. But be careful. You can't get a bullet back once you send it. And if you are in a neighborhood, bullets can travel through walls to innocent places. Talk is talk, but when the "adrenaline bomb" goes off when you feel truly threatened, the situation changes and thinking clearly is very, very difficult. Even if you are completely "in the right" there is a good chance the event will change you forever and you can't tell how it will impact you until you are actually there.

In the Texas Concealed Handbook at the bottom of page 48 it states the following.

9.42 Deadly force to protect property. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

9.43 Protection of third person's propoperty.This paragraph goes on to explain that a person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property of a third person.

These are shortened versions of the paragraphs by the way, just getting the point across that you do have the right, in Texas at least, to use deadly force to protect not only yours but another persons property as well.

Porter you make some VERY good points.

In the Texas Concealed Handbook at the bottom of page 48 it states the following.

9.42 Deadly force to protect property. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

9.43 Protection of third person's propoperty.This paragraph goes on to explain that a person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property of a third person.

These are shortened versions of the paragraphs by the way, just getting the point across that you do have the right, in Texas at least, to use deadly force to protect not only yours but another persons property as well.

Porter you make some VERY good points.

I like that Law! Not in Massachusetts though! If someone enters your home and you have the means of escape you do not even have the right to use deadly force! CRAZY!!!!!

TripleJ, Thats the Castle LAW. You can use deadly force to protect your property.
Should be Federal LAW.
wilks3
:USA

Back