free website stats program Fitting Sissy Bar | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fitting Sissy Bar

Looking at the parts breakdown RWB posted then no 21 looks like problem fitting and looks from the picture that it has a head at the outside of the fender rail
however it may be under the rail cover and can not be seen till the cover is off
Your bike has what is known as mid controls my sportster is of the solid mount type so my frame is different but on mine i have highway pegs that are attached to the front engine mount on the frame so that on the sportster i have the mid controls for around town and when doing some spirited riding on the back roads and the highway pegs for long distance work on motorways etc

Brian

Finally done it! Derr!! I didn't realise that the long bolt that goes from the turn sig light was a right hand thread under the fender and a left hand thread at the signal end.
It was a tight fit, I fitted the sissy bar plates, upright and pad, then couldn't get the seat back on, so I had to remove the upright bar (after geting it perfectly fitted), refit the seat, then put the bar back on again.
Anyway, i will post a pic of it on my profile in the next few days. the missus is now happy at last. She doesn't have to cling on to me with her hands in my pockets any longer. I can finally ride with her on the back comfortably.
Thanks for all your help and advice guys.
This is one community that I am proud to be a member of.
As I said before this is my first Harley Davidson, the fitting of parts isn't the easiest that I have had to endure, but the help is invaluable.
Regards,
Tom

Well done for staying with it and getting it done sometimes wee barriers are put in our way of getting things done working out a solution to get through them makes for all the more elation when the job is done

Brian

Back