free website stats program fitting pillion to steetbob 2006 | Harley Davidson Forums

fitting pillion to steetbob 2006

Hi,

I have just joined , live in th UK and ride YR2006 streetbob, I am in the process of fitting pillion pad to my ride, and buying bits piece by piece on ebay as i am skint ( broke) have just got pillion pad ( at last ) and can pretty much work out how it all fits together , but need help on the following bits i need to get two further bolts to fit the pillion to the main seat- what length and thread pitch do i need ? and am i right in assuming that the rider seat bracket and fixing bolts transfer to the pillion seat for final fix in place on the fender? -do the fender plugs come out easy as i do not want to scratch paint work , any tips ?- and do you use the original bolt locator from the rear fender and also move that back further along the fender and tips on how to get out easily ? so any assistance appreciated and photos of step by step would be great if possible .thanks

used to have the same setup on my 06 sb. If i remeber correctly, the bolts in the bottom of the seat are the same size as the bolts that attach the bracket for mounting the seat to the fender. The plug will pop out easy enough but you need the nut kit from Harley. Slip a zip tie through it and push it up through the fender and slide the clip on. then you can get the little chrome cap that screws into it when the pillion isn't on. Word of caution, always watch the plastic tab that bolts to the seat, mine broke.

Back