free website stats program Fitting pillion seat and sissy bar | Harley Davidson Forums

Fitting pillion seat and sissy bar

cedarbrook63

I'm keen to remove the single seat that my XL883 came with and to fit a pillion seat and cissy bar. Haven't bought a nut or bolt yet as it's still on the tiny drawing board of my mind. D'you guys have any recommendations on what to go for and any alarm bells that I'm not hearing regarding fitting:newsmile020:?

depends on what you want - is it going to be permanent or the occasional pillion ride?
if perm then get a really decent seat any of the sporty touring seats are great and a perm fixed sissy bar.
if its temp then get the seat thats comfy for you and offers the pillion a nice perch and get the removable sissy bar and docking kit.

remember you will need to buy a set of pillion pegs and mounts as you may not have them on yours if its a solo ride 883

When I ordered my Sporty, I asked my wife if she'd like to ride it with me. She says "no way am I getting on a motorbike". Then I bring it home and she sees all that beautiful chrome and black and leather and she asks in indignation "but where do I sit?!!!"
I ask you, how do we ever win?:D:s
Nice advice Hobbit. I'll have a look and whatever I choose - my seat will be comfortable!:laugh

Back