first snow

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by kemo, Oct 16, 2009.

1. kemo

kemo R.I.P

We had our first sprinkle of snow overnight. Temps are above freezing now. I wanted a frost not snow. My dog gets allergies the middle part of Aug. until we get a frost. The poor guy will bite and chew and scratch until he is raw. Funny thing though in Florida for 4 1/2 months the tree pollens don't bother him

kemo

2. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

Our first sprinkle here to first time this early ever, south bend indiana.. Tom

3. xlcruser

xlcruser Active Member

were suppose to get a dusting this weekend too.

4. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

Here in TN, we don't usually get any snow until Jan or Feb, and then it is way too early. Grew up in Nebraska shoveling snow after it drifted in the wind that never stops. It's pretty to look at, that's why I occasionally go to the mountains. Then I leave. :bigsmiley24:

5. paulmack

paulmack Active Member

We're supposed to get snow showers this weekend. Always hate to see it come but I'm sure the power company will be happy.

6. LEOG

LEOG Member

opened garage door this AM at 420 and the precip was in the form of flakes. Not water but flakes I'm sure.:( keep the dirty side down ride safe

7. hippie13

hippie13 Active Member

we got a dusting overnight in mass lol enough to cover the car. looks like bike seasons ending early this year :-(
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

We had 2.5" on the ground last Saturday in NE:(, but it didn't stick either. This Sunday they're projecting 60+ degrees so you know what I'll be doing...:bigsmiley24:

9. MWGB

MWGB Member

The house air conditioner ran all day.
    I mowed the yard today.
    I'll ride tomorrow.

As the bumper sticker says: "Texan 'til I die"

10. gmurdock

gmurdock Active Member

Ya we are going to get a cold spell down here. High for tomorrow is like 74 with a low of 55. Have to find my winter coat? Sunday its only suppose to get up to 67. That's getting cold for Florida.