free website stats program First Road Trip | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

First Road Trip

Yep, I think the jacket area is covered, and everything else clothing-wise. Now I'm trying to find a back rest that will fit with my stock seats. I had a beach towel folded up and held in front of my luggage on the passenger seat with a cargo net on the way home from the beach trip, and that saved my back. Firehouse Customs might have one. Their ad is a little confusing. Looks like it will fit through 2009 in one place on the ad, but then in another spot, they say it won't on '09 and '10 models. I've got an email placed to them asking for clarification.

Flipper,

Check out the roll bags at Lazyrider.com. They come with backrest and will fit just about any bike. Got one for my custom and love it...everything but the price $185, but still worth it, and will give you that extra storage needed for those long rides. Cheers!

Flipper,

Check out the roll bags at Lazyrider.com. They come with backrest and will fit just about any bike. Got one for my custom and love it...everything but the price $185, but still worth it, and will give you that extra storage needed for those long rides. Cheers!

Thanks for that info Gator. I wish I had known about that before I bought my Saddlemen "Desperado" luggage, although I really did enjoy the luggage on our trip, and the beach towel did do the trick as a backrest coming home. This luggage I got (one large piece and a separate roll bag) isn't leather, but sure looks like it and was just under $200. Maybe it will hold up for a little while. As for the backrest, well I am hoping Firehouse Customs will come up with a redesigned bracket for the '09 and '10 Heritage models soon. They say they are working on it. I won't need any luggage for this weekend, but we will sure do some riding I hope!!!

Back