free website stats program First Ride | Harley Davidson Forums

First Ride

glenalt

I took the new Limited out yesterday for my maiden voyage and was it ever nice. I picked it up with 7 miles on it and logged 100 yesterday.

First I gave it its first blessing with Pledge and then I did the Glider break-in, 30-60-30 ten times to set the rings and then just rode. All I can say is I am impressed beyond measure. I know why they call it a cruiser, that thing just wants to run. Before you know it, it's up to 70 and ready to shift into 6th.

It was a cool 56% and winds gusting to 20 but it held the road with no problems or pushing around. I did not have to fight to keep it from drifting in the lane. First bike I have had with cruise and love it. Not that I recommend it but you can set it and take both hands off the bars and it tracks straight. I wanted to do it to compare it the Heritage that always drifted to the left.

The weather is going to be great for the next few days and the wife and I have off so we are loading up and heading out for some cruising in the valley

I'll give you a report later on but I wanted to share my first impressions.

Congrats on the new ride. Take your time and learn how to handle the new bike. I have found that the touring class handles much different than the softail. If you haven't taken the riders safety course now would be a good time. Practice low and high speed swerve and panic stops. Did you get it with ABS? If your going to be two up you and your passenger need to know how the bike will react to different situations, so go slow and you both should have many great adventures on the new sled.

HEY, didn't I just see you in another post?/
Sounds like you got the Winner!!

signed....BUBBIE

Congrats on the new ride. Take your time and learn how to handle the new bike. I have found that the touring class handles much different than the softail. If you haven't taken the riders safety course now would be a good time. Practice low and high speed swerve and panic stops. Did you get it with ABS? If your going to be two up you and your passenger need to know how the bike will react to different situations, so go slow and you both should have many great adventures on the new sled.

Thanks for the suggestions. The Limited comes with ABS, it's a feature I was looking for. I did some quick stops to try em out and they work great. As far as the handling I was surprised at how nimble it was at slow speeds.

Have fun. Just got a 08 Ultra and love it. Wife and I went on first ride last Friday. These bikes are the ticket. Many happy miles to you!!!!!!!!1

Back